X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

A-
:think:

He says he doesn't know why the critics are being so down on it. Also says this scene was a standout:

lol ^

-Vader

So.. I guess I'm a little late to the reaction party today. I did see the film and will happily answer any questions (even spoilers, and yes I will tag spoilers as such) you may have about the film.

Fox surprisingly lifted the embargo pretty early and unlike other studios didn't give the standard formal letter/notice for spoiler talk. I'm not sure what their game is doing this or if someone from Fox p.r. forgot but who knows.

As for my little own opinion on the film: I actually found it rather bland and manufactured. That's the most disheartening thing about this as you can see from the lazy art direction, dialogue, acting (specifically from Fassbender and Lawrence, who seem burnt out from their other projects). Conversely, McAvoy and Peters do stellar work in their respective roles. You can see Singer's passion for this project all but gone comparing to DofP with this one. It was like watching Raimi's Spider-man 3 not giving a crap after the work of art that was Spider-man 2. Even the little things such as camera shots, depth of field in cinematography during character shots in which the characters have their moments, all that is discarded with just lazy dolly movements and camera placing. It may be time for Singer to give up the reigns or have Fox remove him as the franchise clearly needs a fresh mind, or even bring back Vaughn.

I don't think it's a bad movie in any way, but its greatest obstacle is the fact that everything had a 'by the numbers' feel to it. And it's a shame too, after the stellar DofP X-men fans and audiences are back to the generic.

Anyhoo, ask away.

How was Sophie Turner and Oscar Isaac?

Allstar wrote:How was Sophie Turner and Oscar Isaac?
Turner was average. Not a bad actress, just didn't have much to play on. I can't judge her on this movie alone, I'll have to see her in a more prominent role in the next one to have a better feel for her character.

Isaac is wasted. They got one of the best actors out there and gave him repetitive lines and a pretty underwhelming arc. If Oscar Isaac weren't such a talented actor, Apocalypse would be a complete bore. Good on him for making something out of mush. Shame on Kinberg for writing such uninspiring dialogue and plot for one of the most recognizable villains in comic books.

Berardinelli apparently liked it so I remain on the hype train for now.£

Any mention of a post credit scene? Just a yes or no will suffice.

the_red_ninja wrote:Any mention of a post credit scene? Just a yes or no will suffice.
Reportedly, yes.

I can probably buy my tickets thursday yaaass

Any word on a possible extended edition for the blu-ray?

the_red_ninja wrote:Any mention of a post credit scene? Just a yes or no will suffice.
There was no post credits footage of any kind at our screening, but the same thing happened for Civil War. I kmagine there would be one come the general release.