X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
JohnConstantine wrote:You really don't like Jennifer Lawrence, don't you? Same old allstar, objective as always.
This is all subjective you dork.

Allstar wrote:
JohnConstantine wrote:You really don't like Jennifer Lawrence, don't you? Same old allstar, objective as always.
This is all subjective you dork.
You are well beyond any mere subjectivity which we all have from time to time. You don't like her, it's fine, but don't act like if you not liking her makes her a bad actress (because that's you are hinting at with boxoffice and your facepalm). You always do that, you like some actor, he /she is "lifted" by your stance on it. Same with hating. Same with TV shows you like (you were up GoT ass all the time), or movies. This gets annoying fast, especially when you get vocal about it.

I don't think she's a bad actress. Forums are made to
voice and discuss opinions. Stop whining and deal with it.

Allstar wrote:I don't think she's a bad actress. Stop whining and deal with it.
Deal with what? With you? Pfft, I guess I should as I will most likely encounter at least another annoying post made by you in the future.

Or I should go the Armand route and say you win to spare my misery.

JohnConstantine wrote:
You really don't like Jennifer Lawrence, don't you? Same old allstar, objective as always.
To be fair some years ago (when I started to participate in the forums) Allstar liked her to some degree, and he even championed her Oscar win for SLP (dark days) and her performance in AH until the latter film started to overshadow WoWS in the awards season, or that's how I recall those days at least; he also didn't mind her attitude or personality back then. But now? I don't know why he changed his opinion on her in a somewhat radical way and now despises every mention of her :think:

JohnConstantine wrote:
Allstar wrote:I don't think she's a bad actress. Stop whining and deal with it.
Deal with what? With you? Pfft, I guess I should as I will most likely encounter at least another annoying post made by you in the future.

Or I should go the Armand route and say you win to spare my misery.
You're still whining over nothing. Get a grip.

Lawrence has talent but not enough to back up the hype she receives, there's so many better actresses around her age it is not even funny. She's also become a parody of herself lately. Need a break from her.

theseeker9175 wrote:
JohnConstantine wrote:
You really don't like Jennifer Lawrence, don't you? Same old allstar, objective as always.
To be fair some years ago (when I started to participate in the forums) Allstar liked her to some degree, and he even championed her Oscar win for SLP (dark days) and her performance in AH until the latter film started to overshadow WoWS in the awards season, or that's how I recall those days at least; he also didn't mind her attitude or personality back then. But now? I don't know why he changed his opinion on her in a somewhat radical way and now despises every mention of her :think:
I know. I remember also that he championed her back then and now its 180 (with a vengeance). But that's allstar, what can I do?

But I'll stop here. As we all have the right to express freely in here, as I do that, so should he. So no more talk about this from me.

ps: Allstar, she, as any other actor, is not in charge with any hype he/she receives. We, the audience, make this hype. She has talent (obviously there are more talented than her), she is smart, good looking, has a quirky/strong personality, had a high profile franchise, hence the hype. She is not responsible if said hype annoys you, or that she is overexposed over some other actresses. That's the way it is.

Now you champion Brie, but if she becomes like Lawrence, you'll denounce her too.
Last edited by JohnConstantine on January 25th, 2016, 4:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

I love her in SLP, nothing has changed there.

She stinks in these movies though.

He has showed more admiration for Cheese than for JLaw though, and it can even said that he was an early fan. I doubt that will change soon.

The end I guess?

Bump because possibility of a new TV spot during the SB and new trailer with Deadpool.