The Hateful Eight (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

elemunt wrote:
antovolk wrote:Battle over one 70mm print in the UK leads to three major chains not showing the film this week:
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/three ... the/396495
I'm pretty pissed how they've treated distribution in UK, one exclusive 70mm showing in London? :eh:
Well what else do you do when you only have one print for the whole country........

Cineworld/Picturehouse are just being dicks though.

"It was painful to watch" yup, i feel the same about your video that i skipped through.

why does that guy have a giant ballsack on his face

"Michael Bay did it much better."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tomorrow night! GLORIOUS 70MM

The 1,000-seater sucker that is the Odeon Leicester Sq completely sold out for the evening show.......

For now it's a 9/10 for me, damn I was surprised by this, freaking loved it, one of my favorite Tarantino films for sure.

Absolutely incredible. Wonderful characters with brilliant dialogue, it's full of tension and violence, it has astounding cinematography and a perfect score by the master of western scores. Loved every second of it and I can't wait to watch it again soon.

Jackson, Goggins and JJL are the MVP's although my personal favorite is Kurt Russell. The rest of the cast is exceptional as well. Went in being perfectly sure that Tatum was miscast but he's pretty good too.

I get the criticism about the self indulgence but it's Tarantino, he was always like that. What I don't get is the criticism about the violence since Kill Bill, Basterds and Django are all way more graphic.

Morricone is going to win his first Oscar and Robert Richardson must get a nomination as well. Tarantino's narration was a bit out of place but it didn't bother me that much.

All in all, best film of the year so far for me and Tarantino's third best after Pulp Fiction and Basterds.

I was nitpicking the fuck out of this movie the first time i saw it. Now i just love it. More than Django and maybe Basterds. My only issues are with the cartoony blood exploding like in Django, which i feel is out of place in a western but not in a kung-fu movie. But hey, Tarantino has built his own universe so i can let go of that a bit. At least it's fun. Can the film be trimmed a bit? Sure. Especially in chapter 2 with Mannix. But the dialogue is still great QT.

I won't give it a perfect score. I think i had it at 3.5/5 after the first time i saw it. Ill put it to a 4 or maybe even a 4.5. That score, cinematography, most of the dialogue, it's great stuff. First QT movie that i had to let grow on me. Usually it's an instant love.

Hopefully he does that horror film and 1930's gangster film for his 9th and 10th films. He just mentioned that but i have a feeling he's going to do another western and 3rd Kill Bill (Kill Beatrix?). QT doing a scary Exorcist film like he said, would be phenomenal. A sci-fi from him would be weird. Don't think it would mesh. And i'd rather see Kill Beatrix as a HBO mini-series or straight up novel. No need for a third western. Hateful Eight is good enough for me.
Panapaok wrote:What I don't get is the criticism about the violence since Kill Bill, Basterds and Django are all way more graphic.

Morricone is going to win his first Oscar and Robert Richardson must get a nomination as well.
Well, it's more about
a face being shot and the thing explodes like water or like Django somebody gets shot in the chest and it's like a pack of blood got shot and blood shoots out the chest at a rapid speed like it's Kill Bill. Things like that don't make much sense unless you're aware of Tarantino's fun universe. If you're not, and just judging Hateful Eight based on what it's building until it gets to the final act, then yeah, it's jarring when the violence starts happening.
I don't think Morricone is getting the oscar.