Jason Bourne (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Universal Chairman Adam Fogelson is present for the ongoing 2013 CinemaCon in Las Vegas this week, where he announced that Bourne 5 is more than just talk now, and has entered the active development stage.
The Jeremy Renner-fronted film failed to match the box office haul of its predecessors, but Fogelson announced today that Universal is “actively working” on another Bourne movie. Whether that means a Renner Bourne film, a Matt Damon Bourne film, or a Renner/Damon Bourne film is unclear, but Damon has been adamant in the past about the fact that he won’t return unless director Paul Greengrass comes back to the franchise as well with a story they feel is worth telling.
Bourne Legacy set the stage for a fifth installment; specifically, one in which the chemically-enhanced ex-government operative Aaron Cross (Jeremy Renner) and laboratory researcher Marta Shearing (Rachel Weisz) continue to evade the personnel from covert programs that are connected to Treadstone. Series producer Frank Marshall previously confirmed that the next Bourne movie will follow Renner and Weisz on their ongoing survival run.

Both Fogelson and Marshall have avoided ruling out the proposal that Matt Damon could return as Jason Bourne in Bourne 5. However, bringing him back doesn’t make a ton of sense from a storytelling perspective – given how Bourne Ultimatum served as a conclusion to the character’s arc – and Damon has, likewise, been voicing his own doubts about the idea, having checked out Bourne Legacy for himself.

As Fogelson mentioned earlier this year, “The point of ['Bourne Legacy'] was to create a universe, a world and characters that give us a lot of freedom and flexibility in how we go forward” – meaning, it’s best to not assume either way yet, as far as Damon’s possible return is concerned.

Cool. But change the god damn titles studios.

Keep Renner being a badass in the same universe as Bourne but stop calling these movies Bourne Something cuz they're not and people will bash them for that.

Bourne Legacy was such a failure, why bother?

d4mi4n wrote:Bourne Legacy was such a failure, why bother?
cause money money money

How was Bourne Legacy a failure besides the title making no sense?

RIFA wrote:
How was Bourne Legacy a failure besides the title making no sense?
Having a non-story with a non-ending with forgettable action scenes and forgettable performances? For me it was passively entertaining but... no.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
RIFA wrote: How was Bourne Legacy a failure besides the title making no sense?
Having a non-story with a non-ending with forgettable action scenes and forgettable performances? For me it was passively entertaining but... no.

-Vader
What he said.

Can't wait.

Vader182 wrote:
RIFA wrote: How was Bourne Legacy a failure besides the title making no sense?

-Vader
Fair enough. But that still doesn't count as ... "such a failure" in my book. I gave the movie I think a 6 and something... I don't see that as failure. I can see that as weak tho. My problem was with the words used. You have to be less than 5/5.5 in my book to be a failure.

Name it Bourne Vasectomy and be done with it.
gib sigs