Jason Bourne (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I haven't seen The Bourne Legacy. Is it worth it?

BatMan528491 wrote:I haven't seen The Bourne Legacy. Is it worth it?
Nope. Awful pacing, and you wouldn't have known it was Bourne-related if they didn't mention Jason Bourne or Treadstone.

Interesting that the article has been removed. For those who didn't read it, it was an interview with one of the producers who said that the delay was due to to issues with the script and that Matt Damon would not appear in the film..

So it now seems like Latino Review was right after all?

kanjisheik wrote:So it now seems like Latino Review was right after all?
Yep, with Greengrass back!
Well, they’ve figured it out. I’m told that the studio is so bullish on this that the intention is to make the re-team the next Bourne film to go into production to make the July 16, 2016 release slot that Universal had previously assigned to an untitled Bourne film. That would mean it would step in front of the spinoff sequel that is to reprise Jeremy Renner and be directed by Fast & Furious architect Justin Lin. That film, which began with the Tony Gilroy-directed The Bourne Legacy, remains in development. I thought that its premise—Renner plays one of several genetically altered assassins, all of whom are targeted for death—was smart and satisfying on its own. Universal intends to continue that series and to broaden its franchise base, much the way that Marvel cranks out superhero films. The Bourne Legacy was a good start to a new franchise, but Jason Bourne is a hard act to follow. Now, franchise hungry Universal has both of them. Lin can probably use the time, as he signed on to direct the second season of the HBO series True Detective.
http://deadline.com/2014/09/universal-r ... lm-834821/

So does this mean that we'll be seeing Renner and Damon in the same film, or is it going to be like those Star Wars Spin-Offs?

BlairCo wrote:So does this mean that we'll be seeing Renner and Damon in the same film, or is it going to be like those Star Wars Spin-Offs?
Since they are still developing Renner's, they probably want them to cross paths somewhere down the line. But it doesn't look like they'll both be in this one.

Wait Damon is back WITH Greengrass? :o

:clap: