Jason Bourne (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
lol

Way to spill the beans Ben.

Awesome, I never considered The Bourne Ultimatum to be a final chapter to Bourne's story.

Top 3 of 2016 for sure

Bourne Trilogy is still my favorite set of contemporary action thrillers.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Awesome, I never considered The Bourne Ultimatum to be a final chapter to Bourne's story.
Despite, what, everything in the film pointing towards it closing the circle? "Look at what they make you give"? Finding out about his actual identity?

I'm OK with this though, but the screenwriting team is fascinating.

Ultimatum was the end for me... but I was never against more, and only under conditions that are apparently met now so yeah - bring it. Without Renner please. I'd like them to just retcon Legacy.

As an advocate for believing that you can actually improve poor franchise installments in retrospect (The Winter Soldier to Iron Man 2, Days of Future Past to X-Men 3 and arguably Origins as part of Wolverine's trauma that upsets Xavier, and also, *ahem*, SPOILER FOR 2015 film:
Spectre to Quantum of Solace
) I'd actually like them to incorporate it in some way. Not the pills stuff, which was dumb, but maybe have Bourne try to contact him. And then he dies horribly. You couldn't have him as part of Bourne's support because this aint Mission: Impossible.

Am I the only person who wishes Oscar Isaac had been the protagonist? I love Renner, but it wasn't an overly interesting gig for him.

I'm awfully biased when it comes to Poe Dameron, ever since Sucker Punch and Robin Hood, strangely.

Havoc1st wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Untitled BOURNE Sequel Set for July 29, 2016; Paul Greengrass, Matt Damon, and Christopher Rouse to Write the Script

http://collider.com/bourne-5-release-date/
Oh cool.
Didn't thought this would ever happen. Ultimatum was the perfect send-off for me.