The Marshall Mathers LP 2

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BroskiSabor wrote:
bootsy wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:This didn't need its own thread.
It really didn't. Album was slightly better than Recovery and that's not a compliment. Eminem and Jay-Z get the biggest hype for putting out mediocre product.
This was kind of the flipside of Magna Carta to me. MCHG had dope beats with some seriously disappointing lyricism/flow, while MMLP2 had some boring beats but better flows/lyricism. It's actually kind of astounding how little Em actually says in Rap God for the rate at which he spits.
I've hear that a lot about MCHG but I just couldn't get into that album at all. Just a complete lazy effort by Jay-Z. I liked some of the songs on MMLP2 but overall it is average at best. The Eminem Show is still the last good thing he's done and I know people hated BP3 by Jay-Z but I really liked that one.

IMO, Magna Carta Holy Grail is a better Jay Z album than MMLP2 is an Eminem album...

As for Yeezus... only 3 tracks I liked from that album... Kanye what the hell are you doing?

and yes... forgot about Tyler's Wolf as well...

I think Mr. MFN exquire delivered the most tho... Drake's album was also pretty impressive. Much better than his last one and the production was soooo floaty lol. I loved it.

RIFA wrote:IMO, Magna Carta Holy Grail is a better Jay Z album than MMLP2 is an Eminem album...

As for Yeezus... only 3 tracks I liked from that album... Kanye what the hell are you doing?

I think Mr. MFN exquire delivered the most tho... Drake's album was also pretty impressive. Much better than his last one and the production was soooo floaty lol. I loved it.
Yeezus is the best album of the year for me. Should be Kanye what the hell aren't you doing? Such a great album.

RIFA wrote:IMO, Magna Carta Holy Grail is a better Jay Z album than MMLP2 is an Eminem album...

Took me a minute to realize what you're saying, but I disagree. With Jay, all he has is his lyricism and he even failed on that level with MCHG, which is why it was so disappointing to me. At least Em had some decent songs on this album that really showcased his talent.

Drake was a little disappointing, how you can say it was better than Take Care is astounding to me...

BroskiSabor wrote:With Jay, all he has is his lyricism and he even failed on that level with MCHG
Actually... Jay's lyricism fell off after The Black Album (and American Gangster). He's more known for putting out hits and a good commercial album. MCHG was pretty much that. Not on the level of Blueprint 3 or KC but still... Eminem was just slightly better than Recovery... and that doesn't say much. Especially when you name your album MMLP and there's certain expectations because of that.
BroskiSabor wrote:Drake was a little disappointing, how you can say it was better than Take Care is astounding to me...
Well... a lot of people actually put this album over Take Care. Take Care just felt empty. It had few good tracks but the production and overall feeling was just weak. Not to mention that he really toned it down with his lyricism there. On this album he's more mature. And the production just destroys Take Care alone.

RIFA wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:With Jay, all he has is his lyricism and he even failed on that level with MCHG
Actually... Jay's lyricism fell off after The Black Album (and American Gangster). He's more known for putting out hits and a good commercial album. MCHG was pretty much that. Not on the level of Blueprint 3 or KC but still... Eminem was just slightly better than Recovery... and that doesn't say much. Especially when you name your album MMLP and there's certain expectations because of that.
BroskiSabor wrote:Drake was a little disappointing, how you can say it was better than Take Care is astounding to me...
Well... a lot of people actually put this album over Take Care. Take Care just felt empty. It had few good tracks but the production and overall feeling was just weak. Not to mention that he really toned it down with his lyricism there. On this album he's more mature. And the production just destroys Take Care alone.
No they don't. :wtf: From looking at the reviews they are pretty much even. Take Care was a better album to me but saying that is was empty and the production NWTS destroys Take Care I can't even.

RIFA wrote:
Exactly, he's gotten worse and worse every album since American Gangster, and this is the worst album he's put out. Saying he's gotten worse since AG doesn't make this album any better. Jay's proven that he can be a hip-hop legend while also being a commercial success, so this album was wholly unnecessary. Em felt much more on point with this album than on Recovery, though I agree, it just shouldn't have been called MMLP2.

The majority of people I've talked to prefer Take Care. Drake is much more heartfelt and mature with his lyrics, prime examples being the tear jerkers Over my Dead Body and Marvin's Room. The production on NWTS may go down smoother, but calling it more mature is a stretch.

In regards to this Drake Take Care/NWTA comparison... watch this...

It pretty much explains my pov...

Really, really enjoying it so far. A few of the songs are uninspired, but none are bad.

o SHAKESPEARE o wrote:Really, really enjoying it so far. A few of the songs are uninspired, but none are bad.
yer son, shits amazing :clap: :clap: