FIFA World Cup 2014

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RIFA wrote:Ghana 1-2 United States
I'm a USA Believer. :lol:

Let's see...

Belgium 3-0 Algeria
Russia 1-2 South Korea
Brazil 2-1 Mexico

So at this point yes or no; does the USA make it to the next stage of the World Cup?

Addicted2Movies wrote:So at this point yes or no; does the USA make it to the next stage of the World Cup?
A slight yes. Based on the fact Portugal looks like an absolute train wreck right now.

Addicted2Movies wrote:So at this point yes or no; does the USA make it to the next stage of the World Cup?
Yes.

Or at least I really really hope so. Portugal sinks. :lol:

The sport is really picking up in America. With Clint and Bradley as the head of the snake I think they really found an identity outside of the Landon Donovan era of mediocrity. Plus with key home grown player gravitating towards MLS the national team actually has a solid identity and style of play now.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if if the group stage looks like:

Germany
USA
--------------
Ghana
Portugal

Not just because I'm a #1 Portugal hater but because the teams performance today was pitiful and embarrassing. Sure they played Germany, a powerhouse, but the team looked lethargic and not on the same page. I'd love too see USA advance out of group stage, they have been the butt of the joke for too long and its time the world take the team seriously.

I dunno why anyone thought Portugal would do anything of note in this WC. Take Ronaldo out their team and they're horrendously average. Ronaldo has to have a blinder every game for them to have any chance.

My second team Belgium is playing tomorrow, darkhorses for sure. Looking forward to seeing them play.

Belgium 2-0 Algeria
Russia 1-1 South Korea
Brazil 2-1 Mexico

Only England :lol:

Went to the wildest watch party ever yesterday...

So fun, let's go Portugal. 8-)

I thought Football/Soccer wasn't a big sport in the USA.

Fuck yeah Belgium!!!!!

The Atomium after Fellaini's goal :lol: :lol: :lol:

BroskiSabor wrote:Went to the wildest watch party ever yesterday...

You know that we actually call these gatherings "Public Viewing"? I don't think it's meant ironically :D