FIFA World Cup 2014

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Just woke up and, even without drinking, I'm feeling very hangover. Spent the night and most of the day witnessing the reactions of yesterday's tragedy. Didn't even watch today's game. The charade is over. That game was like a metaphor for all the shit that's going on here and it will surely have political and social repercussions. I'll be rooting for Germany in the final (God forbid that, after all the drama, we'll still have to tolerate Argentina being champions on our own soil (let me explain that there's no bad blood between Argentina and Brazil, it's just a soccer thing).
Ruth wrote:
now let's just hope Brasil will get their shit together and somehow manage to kick their ass
I hope so too. It's the least we can do, but I have serious doubts. The way things are now, feels like a fourth place is more than we deserve. Anyway... life goes on. Soccer is in our blood. Brazil will rise again.

To put it in perspective my friend said think about Team Canada national hockey team losing 7-1 to USA/Finland/Czech Republic at the Air Canada Centre while hosting the Olympics. :cry: :thumbdown:

Dado wrote:Just woke up and, even without drinking, I'm feeling very hangover. Spent the night and most of the day witnessing the reactions of yesterday's tragedy. Didn't even watch today's game. The charade is over. That game was like a metaphor for all the shit that's going on here and it will surely have political and social repercussions. I'll be rooting for Germany in the final (God forbid that, after all the drama, we'll still have to tolerate Argentina being champions on our own soil (let me explain that there's no bad blood between Argentina and Brazil, it's just a soccer thing).
Ruth wrote:
now let's just hope Brasil will get their shit together and somehow manage to kick their ass
I hope so too. It's the least we can do, but I have serious doubts. The way things are now, feels like a fourth place is more than we deserve. Anyway... life goes on. Soccer is in our blood. Brazil will rise again.

Classy as always, Dado! :clap:

m4st4 wrote:Image

Classy as always, Dado! :clap:
Thanks, buddy. :twothumbsup:

Too bad.
As a Dutchy, I thought the game was pretty boring. I don't really see why others state it was a good match. Both Holland and Argentina created only like one chance? Didn't even took it. Vlaar was amazing though!

When it turned out to become penalties, I lost faith. I don't understand why Vlaar took the first one, he's a great defender, but not a great shooter.

However, Holland came further then I ever expected them to go, so I am proud of them. I don't know what I'll be doing Saturday, so I don't know if I'll watch. Celebrating my birthday Sunday, so I will probably not watch the final. I do have to say that I really enjoyed this World Cup so far. It was very entertaining!

Erik wrote:Too bad.
As a Dutchy, I thought the game was pretty boring. I don't really see why others state it was a good match. Both Holland and Argentina created only like one chance? Didn't even took it. Vlaar was amazing though!
Holland had a semi-chance. Argentina had 3 chances. Match was boring and mostly because Argentina is already a mixed team... that is strong defensive and offensive and has good control of the ball. Holland is an aggressive team with a top tier offense yet their offense was totally gone last night.

They had severe issues getting past not just the defense but past the middle as well. It was an on-going middle fight. And the only team that created small advantages was Argentina exactly because they controlled the ball and the flow of the game better. Holland was lost. Disappointing. Against Brazil will be different tho.

Dado wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Of course it will. This was a very, very cruel lesson, but a lesson to learn from nonetheless. If the team and everyone else (fans included, because I've heard some really nasty stuff about some their actions, which is simply shameful) manage to not give up again on Saturday, and accept major changes they are desperately in need of, Brazil will rise once again. The more I think about this situation (it's actually much more interesting than just a 'fiasco'), the physical training or wrong preparation may not have been the most important factor. Psychology and huge pressure seemed like their biggest weaknesses. I won't go into detail, because I think Dado understands perfectly what kind of problems Brazil has, how much money they spent for this cup, etc., but this could've stressed out the team horribly. It's almost like "heyyy, we spent a fucking huge amount of money for this event, so you better not fuck this up, because if you do, you better go kill yourself", or similar shit :lol: Because I don't think I've ever seen a team give up so early and so easily.
In the end, what I'm trying to say is - before people talk shit and demean the team - just think about how they're feeling right now. This month has probably been a hell for them, and you know, it's very hard to play and compete when people are already treating you like champions. Give them a break and don't treat them like shit, even if they don't end up at the 3rd place. They will have a very hard time recovering from this anyway. It's just the way life is - the only way to rise again is to learn from your mistakes and don't let the past hold you back from it.

P.S. It's almost funny and disturbing at the same time of how much respect I have for the team (and how overprotective I act towards them), even if they killed Colombia's chances :lol: :lol: I must be an awesome human being, lol.

Ruth wrote:P.S. It's almost funny and disturbing at the same time of how much respect I have for the team (and how overprotective I act towards them), even if they killed Colombia's chances :lol: :lol: I must be an awesome human being, lol.
You are. :wave:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/world-cu ... 1404917404

Dado wrote:
Ruth wrote:P.S. It's almost funny and disturbing at the same time of how much respect I have for the team (and how overprotective I act towards them), even if they killed Colombia's chances :lol: :lol: I must be an awesome human being, lol.
You are. :wave:
Awwwwww.

Ruth wrote: I must be an awesome human being, lol.
and a real heerroooo