Southpaw (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
Jake Gyllenhaal is now in talks to take the lead in the Antoine Fuqua directed film. Penned by Kurt Sutter of “Sons of Anarchy” fame, the story chronicles the rise of a lefty welterweight all the way to a championship title as he battles various tragedies in his personal life, and wins back the love of his daughter. And if you're wondering whether or not Gyllenhaal can build the body to portray a pugilist, let us remind you (briefly, because it was terrible) of "Prince Of Persia." And mostly, it's another fascinating part for an actor who is suddenly busy and choosing a wide variety of material to take on.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... um=twitter

Jake is doing some neat shit with his career recently.

I highly approve.

Eminem was going to do this... upgrade.

EXCLUSIVE: Southpaw, the long-gestating Kurt Sutter-scripted drama about a fighter who tries to overcome adversity to recapture glory, is finally getting close to the start line. I’m hearing that The Weinstein Company and director Antoine Fuqua have made Rachel McAdams their choice to play the female lead alongside Jake Gyllenhaal, with Forest Whitaker in talks to play the boxing trainer who tries to guide his fighter back after his world is shattered by personal tragedy. It sends him on a downward spiral and puts his young daughter in a bad spot. I’m hearing TWC is courting 12 Years A Slave Oscar winner Lupita Nyong‘o to play the social worker watching out for the kid. Alan Riche and Peter Riche are producing with Todd Black and Jason Blumenthal. Fuqua has brought his Equalizer scribe Richard Wenk on for a rewrite.
source

Gyllenhaal? I'm so in.

Damn he got shredded for this role. Crazy how he went from super skinny a few months ago to beast.

Pittsburgh native Antoine Fuqua returns to direct 'Southpaw'
In the meantime, though, there is the deadline for “Southpaw,” which The Weinstein Co. could release as early as December, although no date has been announced.
http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/movies/2 ... z3AhZnaI16

Filming ended last week. I still don't see it for this year.