S. by J.J. Abrams & Doug Dorst

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So has anyone found out anything about the trailer?

Kind of reminded me of Bowie's The Man Who Fell to Earth.

I'm glad to see the old, secretive Abrams back.

I think I have an idea of what this might be.
The shot of the stars shows that the character is from another planet so it could be a possible star wars/ star trek/ twilight zone movie. Twilight zone is to early in production so it can't be that. Star Wars does have a script out so they might of known some characters to show. But based on this it seems like this could have been a bad guy. Based on the straps it looks like he is a slave or a prisoner. So it could be a bad guy for either Star Trek or Star Wars but it seems unlikely that the first trailer for star wars would be of a bad guy. So i'm guessing it is most likely Star Trek 50th anniversary. Or it could just be something original. But i'm fairly sure it was directed by JJ because of the cameras movement.
EDIT: Also forgot about Portal and Half Life movies.
Last edited by grifball on August 19th, 2013, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lock thread.

GothamGirl wrote:Image

Lock thread.
Is Bad Robot the production company for Twilight Zone? Also, I really like this trailer or whatever it is. The piano and voice over are great

xWhereAmI? wrote:

Lock thread.
Is Bad Robot the production company for Twilight Zone? Also, I really like this trailer or whatever it is. The piano and voice over are great
Yes. Supposedly Abrams is writing it.

The trailer is beautiful, I hope it's not for a book like it's rumored to be. Screams LOST to me, except for the dude at the end.

Lock thread.
You might be right. I concur.

antovolk wrote:

(NOT EPISODE VII TEASER I REPEAT NOT NOT EPISODE VII TEASER)

Hell, this may not even be directed by Abrams...

Enigmatic. Terrifying.

Abrams & Shyamalan's super, super 8 project?

Dirk Chivers is first recorded as a crew member of the Portsmouth Adventure, a privateering ship bound for the Red Sea, under Captain Joseph Farrell in early 1694. Soon after leaving Rhode Island, Chivers saw action as Farrell and Henry Every successfully captured two ships sometime around June 1695. On its return voyage to Rhode Island, the ship ran aground on Mayotte in the Comoro Islands and chose to stay behind with several others while Farrell and the others continued on with Every.

Chivers eventually signed aboard the 28-gun Resolution after being picked by Captain Robert Glover[disambiguation needed] near the end of the year. After several months in the Red Sea however, Chivers took part in a mutiny against Glover and had him and his 24 supporters placed onto the recently captured Arab ship Rajapura. Elected captain by the crew after the mutiny, he had the ship renamed the Soldado which, during the next year, was successful in capturing a number of valuable prizes before joining up with privateer John Hoar.

Together they captured, and subsequently ransomed, two East India Company ships. However, the ships were burned when the governor of Aden refused to pay the ransom. According to popular lore one of the captured sailors, a Captain Sawbridge, was said to have had his lips sewn shut with a sail needle in response to his constant complaining.

Chivers and Hoar sailed with four captured prizes into the harbour of Calcutta in November 1696, where they demanded a ransom of £10,000 for their release sending a message to the governor stating "We acknowledge no country, having sold our own, and as we are sure to be hanged if taken, we shall have no scruple in murdering and destroying if our demands are not granted in full."

The governor of Calcutta disregarded their threats and sent out ten ships against the privateers and, as they appeared in the harbor, Chivers and Hoar fled without their prizes and made their way to Saint Mary's Island[disambiguation needed] for repairs arriving in the summer of 1697 where the two parted company as Hoar sailed for the Red Sea.

In April 1698, Chivers captured an English ship, the Sedgwick and striking a deal with the Sedgwicks captain. He would be allowed to keep his ship if he agreed to supplying the privateers crew with rum.

In September, Chivers joined up with Robert Culliford (who had recently left William Kidd) and Nathaniel North. Together Chivers, Culiford and North captured the Great Mohammed along with £130,000. Taking command of his new prize, the ship was renamed the New Soldado (or the Soldado II) and returned to Saint Mary's Island.

The following year however, Chivers was forced to sink the New Soldado to block the harbor passage of Saint Mary's with the appearance of four British battleships in September 1699. Despite his efforts, he and Culiford eventually accepted a royal pardon and returned to the Netherlands on the merchantman Vine.