Better Call Saul (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Pratham wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 11:48 am
Yeah, I don't think he'll end up with Kim.

But what I mean is his life is already a tragedy at this point. He just doesn't know it yet.
We do get a b&w glimpse into his paranoid now every season though. And, imo, ending yet another series after BB on a somber note would be really predictable. A sliver of hope, at least, after everything.
Pretty please Mr.Gilligan and Co.?

so surely Mike will rank among the coolest television characters ever, right?

also it cannot be stated enough how much better this show is than Breaking Bad

Cilogy wrote:
April 9th, 2020, 1:36 pm

I get it, this last episode was great, this whole season has been wonderful. But better than BB, let alone "much better"? No

Kim is
in the game now? :?

radewart wrote:
April 9th, 2020, 1:45 pm
Cilogy wrote:
April 9th, 2020, 1:36 pm

I get it, this last episode was great, this whole season has been wonderful. But better than BB, let alone "much better"? No
Last episode? Nope, it's been consistently rising since Day One, most people are only now noticing. And it makes sense, BB crew with that sort of knowledge and character development experience in hands? It was bound for a slow burn greatness.

well shit i told myself i’d start watching this show 5 years ago

I will not lie to you, jaw dropped while watching several scenes this season, a feeling not far away from watching a masterpiece like Parasite in cinema. What i'm trying to say is that the screenwriters, actors and directors have been consistently hitting that 'cinematic' threshold necessary for provoking such reaction.

Oku
Mike
is seriously ridiculously overpowered.

But then again, I thought that Saul was trying to get the car to slow down and make the driver get out of the car, i.e. with a gun pointed at Saul shouting profanities at him, at which point Mike would shoot the guy, and they would drive off in their newfound, intact vehicle.

However, that didn't happen, so I guess Mike is not as omniscient/overpowered as I thought?

Oku wrote:
April 10th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Mike
is seriously ridiculously overpowered.

But then again, I thought that Saul was trying to get the car to slow down and make the driver get out of the car, i.e. with a gun pointed at Saul shouting profanities at him, at which point Mike would shoot the guy, and they would drive off in their newfound, intact vehicle.

However, that didn't happen, so I guess Mike is not as omniscient/overpowered as I thought?
Love the show, love this season, and love the episode. But I would also nitpick
that Mike has basically become some type of highly intelligent John Rambo character. I main what is his backstory beyond just being a retired philly cop??