Need For Speed (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:
jibran wrote:I can see him possibly having a Jake Gyllenhaal sort of career.
What kind of career is that?
Exactly :P

The vast vast majority of actors would kill for Jake's career. Such as it is. The list of leading men who consistently get starring roles in big movies is a pretty short one. (Im not a huge Gyllenhal fan btw. I can't even spell his name right)

Im thinking steady supporting roles for AP, with the occasional lead in smaller films and prestige tv. If NFS turns out to be a huge hit, that will certainly change my assessment.
Last edited by Joeyjojo72 on February 13th, 2014, 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lol, I'm seeing this next week.

-Vader

Joeyjojo72 wrote:The vast vast majority of actors would kill for Jake's career. Such as it is. The list of leading men who consistently get starring roles in big movies is a pretty short one. (Im not a huge Gyllenhal fan btw. I can't even spell his name right)

Im thinking steady supporting roles for AP, with the occasional lead in smaller films and prestige tv. If NFS turns out to be a huge hit, that will certainly change my assessment.
Yeah, that.

The Gyllman is in a really good spot I think.

I didn't say that in a condescending way, I meant it as an actual question: What kind of career is that? I don't mind Gyllenhaal, but I don't exactly understand what you meant by that type of career.

BlairCo wrote:I didn't say that in a condescending way, I meant it as an actual question: What kind of career is that? I don't mind Gyllenhaal, but I don't exactly understand what you meant by that type of career.
I think Joeyjojo put it rather nicely
Joeyjojo72 wrote:The vast vast majority of actors would kill for Jake's career. Such as it is. The list of leading men who consistently get starring roles in big movies is a pretty short one. (Im not a huge Gyllenhal fan btw. I can't even spell his name right)

He tried leading roles in big movies but... He is no Brad PItt or Tom Cruise for example. The leading role works for him in smaller drama movies. But I think also that if he has the right actors alongside him in a big movie he can be leading. For those actors that don't quite manage to carry a movie that size a solid supporting cast can help.

Reviews are horrible...so anyone seeing this?
besides me

I'm seriously thinking on watching this. The reviews say that at least Paul and Poots give nice performances.

theseeker9175 wrote:I'm seriously thinking on watching this. The reviews say that at least Paul and Poots give nice performances.
Still doesn't sound like it's worth it.

11072014 wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:I'm seriously thinking on watching this. The reviews say that at least Paul and Poots give nice performances.
Still doesn't sound like it's worth it.
Having seen the movies to be released in my town this weekend, you're actually right. I was seriously thinking on seeing this, but it turns out that Dans La Maison and The Grandmaster are going to be released here, so yeah, fuck this :D
Or even I could have watched 300 again just because of Eva Green instead of this :lol: