Need For Speed (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Aside from poor supporting performances, uneven dialogue, and trite plot, a lot of reviews are burning this film because the car violence is apparently graphically terrifying and unfun to watch. I'm actually a little intrigued by that aspect.

Yeah, I heard about the violence being rather unpleasant in this (as in for movie violence). That's one thing I didn't expect to hear about this movie.

Just got back. Anyone on the fence should just skip it. It's 130 minutes and feels like three hours. It's uneven, melodramatic, and the plot is stitched together to show off car races. The car stuff is shot well but after and hour it becomes tiresome. Aaron does the best he can with the material but damn it's so damn boring and flat. If it had been a 90 minute basic revenge film and not a bunch of mini plots it would've worked. Basically it's a Fast and Furious ripoff without the charismatic actors (Rock, Walker, Diesel etc.). It'd be worth watching on a saturday night at home if you're bored.

What about the unpleasant violence?

jibran wrote:What about the unpleasant violence?
Unpleasant? Nah. There's plenty of unnecessary shit like cops crashing and explosions. It's all car violence and there's nothing close to explicit or graphic. I guess it might be off putting how many crashes there are over the course of the film. Think of it like a video game. When you're playing GTA, cops and cars crash all the time. It's just like watching that. Problem is that playing GTA or Need For Speed is a lot more fun than this movie.

Sky007 wrote:Just got back. Anyone on the fence should just skip it. It's 130 minutes and feels like three hours. It's uneven, melodramatic, and the plot is stitched together to show off car races. The car stuff is shot well but after and hour it becomes tiresome. Aaron does the best he can with the material but damn it's so damn boring and flat. If it had been a 90 minute basic revenge film and not a bunch of mini plots it would've worked. Basically it's a Fast and Furious ripoff without the charismatic actors (Rock, Walker, Diesel etc.). It'd be worth watching on a saturday night at home if you're bored.
D'oh, confirmed, thank you.