FOX's Gotham

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law

Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur

-Vader

Interesting. The concept has potential of course.

I hope the tone and story telling are a combination of the detective work of Law and Order, with the action of Person of Interest and the mystery and creepiness of the X-Files. Finding a solid lead actor as Gordon will be important.

Law wrote:The user "anonymity" should receive credit for this entire series, also a paycheck.

http://media.nolanfans.com/forums/viewt ... 10#p264092
Thanks for the credit. 8-)

But I'm sure many people have had this idea in the past. Since the Gotham Central comic series was released similar ideas have bounced around a lot. I've definitely always wanted something like this to happen. I agree with others, I want Cranston for the role :judge:

I would have chosen it to be during Batman's period but I like this idea of Gordon as a cop in Gotham before Batman appears. The more I think about it, I like it a lot. There's so much opportunity there. I'm having high hopes for this. I hope it's not a let down.

So I see Bruno Heller is running this. Is the Mentalist any good? I'm going to start watching this now. It would be great if they could get Jonah to write some episodes.

SilverHeart wrote:Wait, why does Fox have the rights? I would have thought it'd be on one of WB's networks.
I'm pretty sure Fox has owned the TV rights to Batman for while. It's the reason that the Adam West series has not been released on DVD. While WB owns the Batman character, Fox owns the show. So I assume Fox still owns television rights to Batman.
Last edited by anonymity on September 25th, 2013, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

anonymity wrote:
Law wrote:The user "anonymity" should receive credit for this entire series, also a paycheck.

http://media.nolanfans.com/forums/viewt ... 10#p264092
Thanks for the credit. 8-)

But I'm sure many people have had this idea in the past. Since the Gotham Central comic series was released similar ideas have bounced around a lot. I've definitely always wanted something like this to happen. I agree with others. I want Cranston for the role :judge:

I hope they have a good creative team behind this. Wouldn't it be awesome if Jonah wrote and directed some episodes.

It would be nice if Jonah contributed to an episode. He is probably too busy with his own show to be aired on HBO.

As a matter of fact, it would have been nice to see this Gotham show be picked up by HBO or Showtime!

I really can't picture anyone else but Cranston in the role.
Last edited by BlairCo on September 25th, 2013, 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

It would be awesome if they could do it like Gotham's equivalent of The Wire or The Shield.

BlairCo wrote:The only role this can be given to is Cranston. If not, cash-in confirmed.

oracle86 wrote:It would be awesome if they could do it like Gotham's equivalent of The Wire or The Shield.
On Fox?

lol

-Vader