Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm enormously excited even though the footage doesn't inspire me. The reviews have sold me. I was mostly worried it would be a Hobbit/SW-prequel type thing but that appears to not be the case whatsoever. I'm sure I, as a massive HP fan, will be at minimum satisfied and pleased. If not enthralled.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I'm enormously excited even though the footage doesn't inspire me. The reviews have sold me. I was mostly worried it would be a Hobbit/SW-prequel type thing but that appears to not be the case whatsoever. I'm sure I, as a massive HP fan, will be at minimum satisfied and pleased. If not enthralled.

-Vader
My thoughts exactly.

Impressed by the top critics rating especially. 95%, 7.5/10 with 19 reviews. Curious top critics like this more than the non-top guys. Pretty pumped, have to admit.

If this is where Rogue One ends up I'll be equally thrilled.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
lol

Crazy Eight wrote:
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
lol
what is it keegan

-Vader

I guess he thinks that's impossible but nothing wrong with being thrilled at the prospect of that. I'd be happy with reaction similar to Godzilla. Divisive to a degree but passionate support from some.

I kind of tried to be excited for this, but I'm... not? I keep encountering trailers, random info, commercials for this, and I know there's a chance I could end up really enjoying it, but I just can't make up my mind if I even wanna go see this at a theater.

Saw this a couple of hours ago.

This is better than I expected. Although yes, I wasn't expecting that much but the reviews raved it for me.

It's a worthy HP spin off. You're really welcomed into another wizarding world. Although that's also one of it's biggest gripes. It truly is finding fantastic beasts, the rest is up to the actors. As for them:
Fogler was fantastic. His timing was great and even though there was a lot of looking around astounded which makes sense given the story, he made Jacob a real character and a warm one at that. Sudol, Waterston, Miller and and Farrell delivered as well. Redmayne was okay but I thought his quirkiness went on for a bit too long. I don't know, maybe its just something I have to get used to. The production design and the VFX were on point. The beasts themselves were a pure joy. As mentioned, they looked on point. Even the Goblins which I feared would venture too much into uncanny valley. I can't wait to see many more beasts in future installments.

Spoiler territory:
I dug how they tied this to Grindelwald, in a much bigger way than I expected. There were some big "HUHH!??!" reactions from the audience when Grindelwald was revealed lol. But I dig Depp's look and I am quite excited to see his performance in a larger role.
I can see how this can tie up with Dumbledore v Grindelwald while still with Newt and the others as main characters.
I just want to see more. The board is set, lets get the pieces moving.

NF-O-Meter happening right?

Count me down for a 7.7/10

^ Yeah that's the plan.

Anyway I think the best option for Dumbledore that I've heard so far is Armitage. He has the nose, the voice, the eyes, charisma and his age is appropriate. Basically perfect.£

Ooh, Armitage would be a really good pick.