Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
NFometer: 85%
Based on the Ratings of 20 Members
Average Score: (7.4/10)

Positive

Baniac (9/10)*
MyCocaine (9/10)
anepicmoviereviewer (8.5/10)
Thedarknight628 (8.5/10)*
antovolk (8/10)
m4st4 (8/10)
Cilogy (8/10)
Mantis Toboggan (7.8/10)*
prince0gotham (7.7/10)
Nomis (7.7/10)
BlairCo (7.5/10)
Crazy Eight (7.5/10)
Rudinet (7/10)
Pratham (7/10)
didich (7/10)
elemunt (7/10)*

Mixed to Positive

Vader182 (6.2/10)
ArmandFancypants (6/10)

Mixed

Skyab23 (6/10)

Mixed to Negative

07212017 (4.4/10)

£

Are people more forgiving to Potterworld's faults than Star Wars? Interesting.

m4st4 wrote:Are people more forgiving to Potterworld's faults than Star Wars? Interesting.
Maybe. I'd argue this is even less deft in pulling its characters together buuuut the characters are much stronger overall.

I've kinda forgotten it by the day after though which is a tad damning for a spin-off to one of the most brilliantly executed film series' ever. It lacks any of Yates previously trademark immediacy and energy (or even the melancholy of HBP) and these people feel like they're the only people in New York. It's curiously stodgy world building from a master world builder, but I'm confident the next screenplay will be better.

It also looks hideous.

rogue one bored me for an hour, this didn't. though i do agree about its characters, and ugly visuals. was mixed between a 6 or 7 but i left this fulfilled at least.

Every performance in this film was perfectly tuned. The only exception being Waterston. Also, I don't believe the reveal of Grindelwald was Depp's finest hour. I can't believe how much I enjoyed Redmayne in the role. His quicks and mannerism usually bothers me but he simply hit all the right notes. The rest of the cast brings such charm and warmth that you can't help being affected. Both Ezra and Farrell in particular gave an extraordinary performance.

Master Virgo wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
If this is where Rogue One ends up I'll be equally thrilled.

-Vader
lol
lol yourself.
Lmao, this explains a lot.

Anyway mark me down for a 7.8/10. Not a big Potter guy but Redmayne was a charming delight.

Allstar wrote: Lmao, this explains a lot.
When Brendo posted that, Beasts was sitting with a 90 something on RT. I "loled" because it had a crazy good percentage/reception and he was randomly and weirdly just saying he'd be "thrilled" if Rogue One had a crazy good reception too. Like yeah, no shit.

Does anyone else feel like Rowling needs to move on from this world? I'm getting a bit tired with things like 'The Cursed Child' and now this too. I would likely mind less if the stories we got were exceptionally well-told but from what I've been given to understand that does not seem to be the case.

Batfan175 wrote:Does anyone else feel like Rowling needs to move on from this world? I'm getting a bit tired with things like 'The Cursed Child' and now this too. I would likely mind less if the stories we got were exceptionally well-told but from what I've been given to understand that does not seem to be the case.
You're like the most boring person ever.

Batfan175 wrote:Does anyone else feel like Rowling needs to move on from this world? I'm getting a bit tired with things like 'The Cursed Child' and now this too. I would likely mind less if the stories we got were exceptionally well-told but from what I've been given to understand that does not seem to be the case.
It's gonna be ok if she can figure out how a screenplay works.