The Light Between Oceans (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The "The Place Beyond the Pines" director will helm DreamWorks’ adaptation based on M.L. Stedman’s novel.

Derek Cianfrance, who last directed the Ryan Gosling drama The Place Beyond the Pines, has been hired to direct DreamWorks’ adaptation of The Light Between Oceans.

Heyday Films' David Heyman, who is behind one of the fall’s most-buzzed about movies Gravity, and Jeffrey Clifford, are producing the movie based on M.L. Stedman’s novel.

The book, published July 2012 by Scribner to stellar reviews, is set on an island off the coast of Western Australia after World War I. A lighthouse keeper and his wife find a 2-month-old girl and a dead body in a rowboat and decide to raise the baby as their own. But what seems like a blessing soon turns tragic, as morality and love are tested.

Rosie Alison, who brought the book to Heyday, will executive produce.

“With his previous work, Derek has exhibited a deft touch when handling complex and emotional subject matter,” said DreamWorks production president Holly Bario in making the announcement. “With Derek on board to direct, we know the project couldn’t be in more capable hands.”
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... een-619740

Hell yeah a new Cianfrance project!!! :clap: :twothumbsup:

Wonder if he will try and get Gosling to star?

The synopsis sounds interesting.

Oh yeah.

Michael Fassbender is in negotiations to star in The Light Between Oceans, DreamWorks’ adaptation of the M.L. Stedman novel.

Derek Cianfrance, who last directed the Ryan Gosling drama The Place Beyond the Pines, is directing the drama. The Light Between Oceans is set on an island off the coast of Western Australia after World War I.

A lighthouse keeper and his wife find a 2-month-old girl and a dead body in a rowboat and decide to raise the baby as their own. But what seems like a blessing soon turns tragic, as morality and love are tested.

A shoot in Australia is being eyed. Heyday Films' David Heyman and Jeffrey Clifford are producing.

Fassbender next stars as Magneto in X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is getting rave reviews.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... een-619740

Sounds a bit corny, but I'm sure Cianfrance will be able to make it a hell of a lot more interesting. Plus.....

Loved TPBP and Fassbender is an excellent actor so I'm in.

anepicmoviereviewer wrote:Loved TPBP and Fassbender is an excellent actor so I'm in.

The Place Beyond the Pines
Light Between Oceans

one more and we can call it "Cianfrance's preposition trilogy"

Sexy Fassy

In.