HBO's Westworld

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Posts: 4
Joined: July 2010
ChrisTilford wrote:Going by how silent things have been so far, it's fair to assume that the pilot's not going to be moving anytime soon.
Not sure how up to date this is but according to Backstage, Westworld begins shooting in July?

Westworld (Drama, HBO) This show tells the story of how a robot malfunction creates havoc and terror for unsuspecting vacationers at a futuristic, adult-themed amusement park. Directed by Jonathan Nolan. Casting: John Papsidera, Automatic Sweat, 2656 S. La Cienega Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90034. Begins shooting in July in Los Angeles.
http://www.backstage.com/los-angeles-pr ... -listings/

User avatar
Posts: 2846
Joined: May 2013
Ashok0 wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote:Going by how silent things have been so far, it's fair to assume that the pilot's not going to be moving anytime soon.
Not sure how up to date this is but according to Backstage, Westworld begins shooting in July?

Westworld (Drama, HBO) This show tells the story of how a robot malfunction creates havoc and terror for unsuspecting vacationers at a futuristic, adult-themed amusement park. Directed by Jonathan Nolan. Casting: John Papsidera, Automatic Sweat, 2656 S. La Cienega Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90034. Begins shooting in July in Los Angeles.
http://www.backstage.com/los-angeles-pr ... -listings/
Thanks for the update. Happy to be proven wrong.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad to see John Papsidera involved with his. Worked wonders for Jonah's older brother...

Posts: 534
Joined: November 2013
Location: Earth*
This is going to be amazing!

User avatar
Posts: 649
Joined: July 2012
ChrisTilford wrote:
Ashok0 wrote:
ChrisTilford wrote:Going by how silent things have been so far, it's fair to assume that the pilot's not going to be moving anytime soon.
Not sure how up to date this is but according to Backstage, Westworld begins shooting in July?

Westworld (Drama, HBO) This show tells the story of how a robot malfunction creates havoc and terror for unsuspecting vacationers at a futuristic, adult-themed amusement park. Directed by Jonathan Nolan. Casting: John Papsidera, Automatic Sweat, 2656 S. La Cienega Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90034. Begins shooting in July in Los Angeles.
http://www.backstage.com/los-angeles-pr ... -listings/
Thanks for the update. Happy to be proven wrong.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Glad to see John Papsidera involved with his. Worked wonders for Jonah's older brother...
Good news, This isn't old stuff otherwise they wouldn't have all the casting director info etc, so this has most likely passed script stage and now working pre-production, sets and other stuff.....cool. :thumbup:

User avatar
Posts: 2846
Joined: May 2013
riddick-danish wrote: Good news, This isn't old stuff otherwise they wouldn't have all the casting director info etc, so this has most likely passed script stage and now working pre-production, sets and other stuff.....cool. :thumbup:
Just curious why there hasn't been any casting announcements yet, especially since it's so close to beginning production. Is Jonah going one step above what Chris did for Interstellar & not revealing who's hired to play what? :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Posts: 649
Joined: July 2012
ChrisTilford wrote:
riddick-danish wrote: Good news, This isn't old stuff otherwise they wouldn't have all the casting director info etc, so this has most likely passed script stage and now working pre-production, sets and other stuff.....cool. :thumbup:
Just curious why there hasn't been any casting announcements yet, especially since it's so close to beginning production. Is Jonah going one step above what Chris did for Interstellar & not revealing who's hired to play what? :lol: :lol:
Well this is Nolan + JJ Abrams so yeah not surprised by this level of secrecy but still about damn time they give us some info on the project and casting news.

User avatar
Posts: 6272
Joined: December 2010
Location: Space Truckin'
Update from the HBO Panel at TCA 14:

Jace Lacob ‏@televisionary 7s
Lombardo re: WestWorld: “We are planning on shooting this summer and casting is underway now. It is similar only in construct.”

From Daniel Fienberg's live blog: He (Lombardo) calls it one of the most exciting scripts they've seen in some time.

:twothumbsup:

User avatar
Posts: 2846
Joined: May 2013
oracle86 wrote:Update from the HBO Panel at TCA 14:

Jace Lacob ‏@televisionary 7s
Lombardo re: WestWorld: “We are planning on shooting this summer and casting is underway now. It is similar only in construct.”

From Daniel Fienberg's live blog: He (Lombardo) calls it one of the most exciting scripts they've seen in some time.

:twothumbsup:
Thanks Oracle! Glad to see they're solidly behind it.

In hindsight, I feel those multiple infodumps in the earlier pages were a bit unnecessary... there was actually nothing to worry about! But if there's some of the stuff I pointed out, which folks maybe interested in but weren't aware that they were in play, & if some of them are lucky enough to get made, peachy. Happy Viewing.

One of the articles indicated they're doing the pilot with the intention of making it a franchise show. And I believe it's one of the few high concept productions (especially on cable) that'll be based in Los Angeles. Makes sense, as the theme of the show potentially requires a lot of sound-stage work, as opposed to location shooting. If they were gonna do it on sets, may as well be in L.A.
Last edited by ChrisTilford on July 12th, 2014, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 8178
Joined: October 2012
Location: Gran Pulse

User avatar
Posts: 2846
Joined: May 2013
Who do you suppose they'll cast as the Gunslinger (if such a character exists in this version)? I thought'd be Lance Reddick, but it turns out he may be on regular capacity in Amazon's "Bosch". Part of me considered the fact that Hersh was killed in the POI S3 finale, just so Boris McGiver could be a part of this. He's New York based (does theatre et al), so I'm not completely sure if he'd be cool to move to Los Angeles. But if they could get it to work, bring it on!

Post Reply