Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 10:42 pm
Messy as fuck and sometimes bad, but I actually really enjoyed tonight's episode. Some neat action ideas, decent turns of narrative. Curious where the finale is going.

-Vader
Yeah I agree with this. But I must say that
Dolores has basically never been better/more interesting. Or at least certainly more interesting as a character than she was in the previous season tbh.
I feel like Wright
is underutilized, his work is great in this entire show but he looks on a different level this season, albeit we barely spend any time with him. I hope he gets more to do in the finale
Also yayyy
My girls Sarafyan and Okamoto are back :clap: , now those are some badass ladies without putting the emphasis on "yeah we're badass ladies and we know it" cough*avengers endgame*cough

Forum Pro
Law
I still haven't watched the new episode and honestly I don't even want to.

Maybe if people engaged with the actual show more than with their own fan theories, they'd like this pulpy show more for what it is instead of what they want it to be in their heads.

Once again, I see the issues that people have, but hell, I just enjoy this show. The plot can be convoluted, but most of it works enough for me to be continually engaged by it, also the production values and the actors are just too good.

Batfan175 wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 12:04 am
Maybe if people engaged with the actual show more than with their own fan theories, they'd like this pulpy show more for what it is instead of what they want it to be in their heads.
That's a pretty good take tbh, especially with a show that got a lot of fan theories going on lol

Forum Pro
Law
A couple good scenes per episode isn’t going to save this show. It's a shame because I used to love it.
Last edited by Law on April 28th, 2020, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nomis wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 5:58 am
Batfan175 wrote:
That's a pretty good take tbh, especially with a show that got a lot of fan theories going on lol
westworld is most enjoyable if you take it as a messy pop-art pulp rather than this arty philosophical deep thing nolan and joy really wish it was

-Vader

There are some really great and deep philosophical talking points in it but it's so muddled down with about 10 other talking points that it's hard for any to really shine. Someone has to come in to the writing room for Season 4 and sit these people down for some streamlining lessons

Vader182 wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 8:43 pm
Nomis wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 5:58 am
Batfan175 wrote:
westworld is most enjoyable if you take it as a messy pop-art pulp rather than this arty philosophical deep thing nolan and joy really wish it was

-Vader
ikr

But I am really looking forward to how Lisa's directing career will take off, starting with Reminiscence. I thought her directed episode in season 2 was terrific

Even with lower budget and stepchild-like treatment from its network, Person of Interest is still better show than this beautiful mess.