Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This sounds interesting .

Rudinet wrote:I hope Jonah continues to write and direct for Person of Interest too. He is the reason I started watching POI. Is there many examples of show runners running two shows simultaneously?
He has directed only one episode of PoI so far. Westworld might also get similar treatment from Jonah, writing and rarely directing.

Even though the premise is interesting, I wonder how far can you push it. There's no word whether this will be a series or a miniseries.

I hope it'll be 10 episode seasoned show, so it makes room for creative input, that's one thing I'm always annoyed with Person of Interest; it reuses a lot of ideas and plot points.

Rudinet wrote:Is there many examples of show runners running two shows simultaneously?
Shonda Rhimes runs Grey's Anatomy and Scandal and also did Private Practice. Howard Gordon does Homeland, did Awake and is now starting a show called Tyrant.

These are just the few that I can recall right now.

Pratham wrote: He has directed only one episode of PoI so far. Westworld might also get similar treatment from Jonah, writing and rarely directing.

Even though the premise is interesting, I wonder how far can you push it. There's no word whether this will be a series or a miniseries.
Yeah I know but I hope he directs more. I thought "Relevance" was brilliantly directed.
The premise really does sound intriguing and plus Jonah doing a hardcore science fiction :ugeek: .
oracle86 wrote: Shonda Rhimes runs Grey's Anatomy and Scandal and also did Private Practice. Howard Gordon does Homeland, did Awake and is now starting a show called Tyrant.

These are just the few that I can recall right now.
Thanks, those are some great examples. I'm definitely excited for Jonah and what he brings to this.

Shooting may start soon if Jonah's Larry King interview is any indication.

Anybody know when it is going to air? I know they start shooting June.

b4ben11 wrote:Anybody know when it is going to air? I know they start shooting June.
2015 for sure, its only the pilot but I'm really looking forward to Jonah on HBO :gonf:

Damn it. This show is on HBO, which is cable right? If so, that means that there is a great chance that it won't be on freeview here in Australia, and i don't have cable. But since Broadwalk Empire is HBO but also free here in Australia, it gives me hope that Westworld is free in Australia. And besides the TV channel that airs POI here in Australia also airs all of Nolan's films as well. They most probably would try to get Westworld on freeview, just because it's created by Nolan.