Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
Am I an idiot then? Yeah I liked the production and cuts to different characters .. but wtf ?

Law wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 12:30 pm
Am I an idiot then? Yeah I liked the production and cuts to different characters .. but wtf ?
What did you think was confusing?

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
Vader182 wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 12:57 pm
Law wrote:

-Vader
Who is Dolores trying to swindle? Delos son? I think.. and if that’s the case, the guy who worked for him for 20yrs has more power over the company? Also.. the end,
there’s two of them?
.. and the beginning, was that the creator of the whole world? Fuck man .. I really feel dumb typing all of that out but I truly didn’t get it. Unless I just wasn’t paying attention as well as I thought.

Maybe someone else can chime in, but I honestly wasn’t confused since instead of going “I should understand all of this right now” I just figured they were setting up new mysteries and characters for the rest of the season. IE, you’re not missing anything, you’re just assuming you did.

On the bright side if we are supposed to understand what’s going on already, we can be idiots together.

-Vader

Law wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 1:27 pm
Vader182 wrote:
Law wrote:

-Vader
Who is Dolores trying to swindle? Delos son? I think.. and if that’s the case, the guy who worked for him for 20yrs has more power over the company? Also.. the end,
there’s two of them?
.. and the beginning, was that the creator of the whole world? Fuck man .. I really feel dumb typing all of that out but I truly didn’t get it. Unless I just wasn’t paying attention as well as I thought.
Lemme try to answer.
>Who is Dolores trying to swindle? Delos son?

No, this is a guy who Dolores thought has control over a system called Rehobaom that maps out life for everyone. However, he's in partnership with Delos corp in some capacity.

>and if that’s the case, the guy who worked for him for 20yrs has more power over the company?

No, his bodyguard/security/intel guy doesn't have power over the company, he was just trying to keep him safe. There's another partner of his dad's called Serac (we've not seen him yet) who has control over Rehobaom.

>Also.. the end, there’s two of them?

Probably. The bodyguard could be just another host though.

>and the beginning, was that the creator of the whole world?

Who? Elon Musk looking guy? Just an investor in Delos and he had worked at Incite (corporation that owns Rehobaom). Previous two seasons have established that Dr. Robert Ford is most definitely creator of the Westworld. Dolores took his money, killed him, probably used the money to swindle her target. Oh and she also took files on Incite from him, that he shouldn't have had in the first place.

Forum Pro
Law
Pratham wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 3:18 pm
Law wrote:
March 16th, 2020, 1:27 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
there’s two of them?
Lemme try to answer.
>Who is Dolores trying to swindle? Delos son?

No, this is a guy who Dolores thought has control over a system called Rehobaom that maps out life for everyone. However, he's in partnership with Delos corp in some capacity.

>and if that’s the case, the guy who worked for him for 20yrs has more power over the company?

No, his bodyguard/security/intel guy doesn't have power over the company, he was just trying to keep him safe. There's another partner of his dad's called Serac (we've not seen him yet) who has control over Rehobaom.

>Also.. the end, there’s two of them?

Probably. The bodyguard could be just another host though.

>and the beginning, was that the creator of the whole world?

Who? Elon Musk looking guy? Just an investor in Delos and he had worked at Incite (corporation that owns Rehobaom). Previous two seasons have established that Dr. Robert Ford is most definitely creator of the Westworld. Dolores took his money, killed him, probably used the money to swindle her target. Oh and she also took files on Incite from him, that he shouldn't have had in the first place.
Thank you. Bless you.

Just watched it

So glad it's back

I love this show so much

can't wait to see where it goes
and zomg worldwarIIpark shiiiiiiiiii

Nice episode. Having spent a few months in Singapore, it was nice to recognize so many locations, and to see how they shot them to make it look like it's in a futuristic world.
Dwajadi is always a highlight.

I'm soooo on board with this season. Great episode, great easter eggs, great music..

My biggest concern is these damn fighting scenes, what the fuck is going on there.

Edit: As an architect, I'm melted over how much the Nolan brothers appreciate architecture

Very good episode. I really loved what they did with Maeve in the second half of Season 2, and it was great to see how they built on it. However, I feel the last act of the episode was little messy, whilst the writers were in full control of the rest of the episode. But that's Westworld, incredible moments
(the scene in the Forge!)
and some mess on the side.