Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

:clap:

Haha, Johnny Nolan. Very funny. You rick rolled us. Now release the real finale please.

thought the finale was super uneven but for the most part pulled off its big picture stuff in beautiful fashion, but...

....guys, it's god damn embarssing how little of this episode (and the show as a whole, really) makes sense... READ:
-What the fuck is up with dumb asian man? What was he even doing this episode? What's his motivation? None of that arc makes any sense. He went from being...scared...to just being a mindless goon/lackey and blindly following Maeve around for some mysterious reason. The writing is even self conscious of it since they made fun of him for being a bad character. What's up with that?

-Why does dumb asian man have a magic iPad that controls not only the hosts but ALSO park security? I don't think jobs exist in the real world that let low level people control like, everything, especially when it could put lives at risk.

-Even if you ignore that ^, if dumb asian man has a magic iPad that controls everything, surely the other workers and security people at Westworld should too.... why can't they just bring up the "app" and reverse what was done willy nilly?

-the Delos complex seriously doesn't have an Imperial shutdown where gates just close everywhere and trap everybody? That's like, the first security measure you'd think they'd put in.

-Okay, okay. Okay. OKAY. I will literally (not really) pay someone 50 bucks if they can explain Maeve's storyline to me. So she staged this big elaborate breakout... recruited all these guys that went Terminator on everyone... just so she could have dumb asian man find her daughter....and break back into the park... .....why didn't she just stay in the park... and find the daughter since she was, you know, already there.

-Er, why didn't Logan just kick William's ass and leave? Why was he so petrified of William? He's being dragged everywhere with this rope and stuff, physically and psychologically abused basically, why the fuck isn't he trying to escape?

-Furthermore, doesn't the park have security in general to monitor if guests are straight up abusing other guests? Westworld's played fast and loose with how closely they monitor guest/hosts all season long (Keegan found particular issue with this) but this is ridiculous. If guests can do whatever the fuck they want to eachother and totally get away with it, Westworld must be total chaos.

-So the MIB's entire arc, over decades of playing in the park, and chasing this maze thing, was to hope the robots would fight back? Bruh, fly to the West Side of Chicago. They'll shoot back at you there no problem.

-Okay, so the new narrative and all that expensive rearranging of everything was... just so Ford could kill the Delos investors in bravura fashion? If so, lol.
Seriously. I know the Nolans struggle with basic logic stuff while executing their big ideas more consistently well, but the Westworld finale is on another level of sheer brick wall dumbness I seriously question how so much got passed Jonah. Ugh.

-Vader

Brilliant finale. Very interesting way to end season 1, can't wait how it will continue, and what Nolan has in mind.
That music when Meave, Hector and Armistice are fighting with Delos security :shock: :shock:
Really hoping that we'll see Hopkins in any way in future seasons.

And fuck me, there was a post credits scene too
Armistice goes full 127 Hours

antovolk wrote:And fuck me, there was a post credits scene too
Thank you very much, I missed it somehow.

antovolk wrote:And fuck me, there was a post credits scene too
haha yeah, loved that. This episode solidified my love for her- one of my fav characters on the show.
poplar wrote:Brilliant finale. Very interesting way to end season 1, can't wait how it will continue, and what Nolan has in mind.
That music when Meave, Hector and Armistice are fighting with Delos security :shock: :shock:
Really hoping that we'll see Hopkins in any way in future seasons.
That music is called
Violent Delights
from the soundtrack if you want to know. And yeah, that piece of music that Djawadi composed is so good. Simple but badass.

Yeah these last few episodes were a mess. Still think it has the potential to be a great series though.