Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 5:56 pm
Yeah ^
wtf was the point of casting pom klementieff just to be blown to smithereens? Seems like a self-trivializing career move.

-Vader
She might be back in some capacity, you never know with this show.

4N Legend wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 12:03 pm
Vader182 wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 2:03 am
4N Legend wrote:
April 12th, 2020, 11:49 pm
I get why this was a single episode. I don't know how you could have made it two episodes but in spite of that, this probably would have been much more successful if they really committed to the genre trope. It didn't feel like they went as ballistic as they could have. I'm a fan of the ideas and all but I really hope they pick it the hell up next week
this episode is shoehorning the "genre" premise, a Serac backstory / focused episode, and Dolores unleashing her entire plan all in one episode. They easily could've built a single episode out of each of those things.

-Vader
The amount of content does back that up but the clash of timelines in this episode makes it difficult to separate the ideas into different episodes, i.e Serac vs Dolores video calls. I still would have prefer multiple episodes
Serac's backstory should've been cut in 4-5 parts and use as opener for previous episodes. That way, it would've given context to Caleb, established concept of outliers, and introduced Rehoboam without it all feeling messy.

bootsy wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 9:44 pm
Vader182 wrote:
April 13th, 2020, 5:56 pm
Yeah ^
wtf was the point of casting pom klementieff just to be blown to smithereens? Seems like a self-trivializing career move.

-Vader
She might be back in some capacity, you never know with this show.
true true but still

She looked so damn fine in this too :cry:

As a brazilian I gotta say, Vincet Cassel speaks portuguese better than that other actor :lol:
Rodrigo must've been "Guys, just call me. I can give you 10 differents brazilian names that can act for you in a heart beat"

Anyway, nice to see Brazil in a show like this. Does that means we're getting PoliticianWorld in the future? lol

At least there is no doubt Christopher is the more talented brother..

Robin wrote:
April 14th, 2020, 10:30 am
At least there is no doubt Christopher is the more talented brother..
They're best together.

Bruh, wtf was that ending. Like really.

Ed Harris was fantastic as always.
Never knew i needed multiple Williams in one room, but it was fun to watch.

Tonight's episode was a god damn mess. Final 20 minutes were fairly enjoyable, but really hoping these last two were just setup for a terrific final two episodes.

It's like the first 4 episodes were (mostly) perfectly paced, then they sloppily slammed 4-5 episodes worth of material into 2 episodes.

-Vader

Forum Pro
Law
I’m at the point where I’m just watching this to see what happens. It’s just all over the place... does Maeve fighting the Nazi’s have any significance to the show? Other than to prove how big, bad and powerful she is? With the horrible fight choreography and the corny one liners?.. oh and let’s have
Hale/Dolores
beat up an army of men with Uzi’s that, might I add, barely fucking hit anything or anyone. Let’s give it up for the slow motion punch the bad guy had to throw in the elevator just so
Hale/Dolares
could get the upper hand too. God this show is sometimes so eye rolling.

But Ed Harris though ....