Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
:clap:

Sanchez wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 4:05 pm
Ed Harris got the Emmy nomination! :gonf:
As did Jeffery Wright and Evan Rachel Wood.

And Thandie Newton got one for supporting. But Harris is definitely the most deserving imo.

Sanchez wrote:
July 12th, 2018, 4:55 pm
And Thandie Newton got one for supporting. But Harris is definitely the most deserving imo.
Harris deserved it for his monologue in episode 4 alone.

Glad that Ed Harris got nominated- well deserved; same goes to the others. Also glad that Ramin Djawadi and the cinematographer for Episode 4 got a nod as well.

Wait, so Robert Kirkman and Jonathan Nolan at the same table?! :shock:

HBO Boss on ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Criticisms: “It’s Not for Casual Viewers”
“Most of the reviews felt that the story had been clarified,” Bloys said of the many layered plots and puzzle box aspects, which is certainly true for most of the season as it raised questions but then answered them quickly. That of course changed quite a bit with the finale. Still, Westworld went on to garner 21 Emmy nominations, so Bloys continued, “I wouldn’t agree that the backlash was widespread. The people who love it (the series) really love it, even the people who dislike it feel the need to discuss it and talk about it, and let you know they dislike it, and debate. And for a show to arouse that kind of feeling, that’s what we want.”
This is dumbest possible response from HBO and Westworld team. Season 2 was needlessly convoluted. It's hard to ignore Jonah's disappointment after Season 1's twist was guessed by people (or redditors, specifically) in first episode in this context.

Maybe him and dozens of writers shouldn't have tried to outsmart thousands of nerds and should've instead focused on story rather than hiding twists.

Pratham wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 4:35 am
HBO Boss on ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Criticisms: “It’s Not for Casual Viewers”
“Most of the reviews felt that the story had been clarified,” Bloys said of the many layered plots and puzzle box aspects, which is certainly true for most of the season as it raised questions but then answered them quickly. That of course changed quite a bit with the finale. Still, Westworld went on to garner 21 Emmy nominations, so Bloys continued, “I wouldn’t agree that the backlash was widespread. The people who love it (the series) really love it, even the people who dislike it feel the need to discuss it and talk about it, and let you know they dislike it, and debate. And for a show to arouse that kind of feeling, that’s what we want.”
This is dumbest possible response from HBO and Westworld team. Season 2 was needlessly convoluted. It's hard to ignore Jonah's disappointment after Season 1's twist was guessed by people (or redditors, specifically) in first episode in this context.

Maybe him and dozens of writers shouldn't have tried to outsmart thousands of nerds and should've instead focused on story rather than hiding twists.
so much yes.

That is exactly the issue.

I loved season 2! Far from as polished or refined as the first, but the ideas and themes actually resonated with me more, and contained some of my favorite episodes!

I'm excited to see where it goes, and to see what they learned from some mistake.