Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I want Mikkelsen bros in this one.

I mean, why not? The idea that Delos would use the host code for militairy purposes is far less interesting.

Pratham wrote:I want Mikkelsen bros in this one.
It would've been cool to have Mikkelsen staring against Hopkins.

Learned something pretty neat today: one of the professors at my university has a daughter who is an executive producer on this show.

Finished a review of the themes in Westworld, and thought I'd post here in case anyone was interested. It's a long piece, but the short version is the argument that Nolan presents computer code as an analogy for human DNA, and suggests that pressures of sexual selection over time have given mankind a violent subconscious:

http://filmreadings.com/2017/02/13/westworld/

The show then frames this problem (the development of the violent subconscious) in biblical terms and suggests a solution to the problem.

Westworld season 2 makes Talulah Riley a (very deadly) series regular
The Westworld news front has been all crickets and tumbleweeds since the first season finished last December as showrunners Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy have been hard at work crafting a second season plan.

But here’s a new nugget of intel: Actress Talulah Riley, who had a few brief-but-memorable appearances in the first season, has been boosted to a series regular for season 2.

The British actress plays Angela, who was the greeter-host in the show’s second episode, then had a return appearance as a different host character near the end of the season.

In the next season, we’re told Angela is “a host whose beatific face welcomed guests to Westworld for decades … Angela will prove to be one of the last faces many guests will ever see.”

That tease suggests the guest massacre glimpsed in the first season finale has only just begun.

Ok cool. Now get Amy Acker, pretty please?

Oh cool.

That's pretty nice

is this still a thing??