Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Evan Rachel Wood and especially Ed Harris would keep me interested

ComptonTerry wrote:
Did anybody here think Logan actually cared about William? Until last nights episode I definitely would have said Logan never gave a shit about him, but I was wrong and he definitely does. Logan is still a douche but I actually kind of felt bad for him because he's right, William is getting way to caught up in this world. Logan Just wanted to go there and have a good time with his friend... and he has no idea what he just got himself into. Then again him cutting Dolores was a dickhead move and I don't have that much sympathy for him, I just never thought I would have any sympathy for him.
Yeah, i agree with your points about sympathizing with Logan and him still being a dick.
ComptonTerry wrote:Evan Rachel Wood and especially Ed Harris would keep me interested
Yup. And the guy who plays El Lazo/ Lawrence as well, for me at least.

I get all the Dolores
Past Arc...her conversations with Arnold, her travels with William, killing Arnold, whatever will happen in Ep 10...but in present time, can someone tell me what happened? Why did they put her back? What explains her behaviour? I'm confused

ComptonTerry wrote:
Did anybody here think Logan actually cared about William? Until last nights episode I definitely would have said Logan never gave a shit about him, but I was wrong and he definitely does. Logan is still a douche but I actually kind of felt bad for him because he's right, William is getting way to caught up in this world. Logan Just wanted to go there and have a good time with his friend... and he has no idea what he just got himself into. Then again him cutting Dolores was a dickhead move and I don't have that much sympathy for him, I just never thought I would have any sympathy for him.
But isn't it kind of equally weird for William to butcher a shit ton of hosts for whatever reasons, especially when he believes in their potential sentience? I was creeped out by that. I hated Logan at first, but his behavior was due to him being just your average dumb juvenile human tourist, William actually crossed that line and showcased he can be much more sinister, even if it's to serve his "higher" moral standarts. Logan is an asshole, but William is potentially disturbing.

Havoc1st wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:Evan Rachel Wood and especially Ed Harris would keep me interested
Yup. And the guy who plays El Lazo/ Lawrence as well, for me at least.
Oh yeah, forgot about him... he was definitely the funnest and best of the minor characters.
Ruth wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:
But isn't it kind of equally weird for William to butcher a shit ton of hosts for whatever reasons, especially when he believes in their potential sentience? I was creeped out by that. I hated Logan at first, but his behavior was due to him being just your average dumb juvenile human tourist, William actually crossed that line and showcased he can be much more sinister, even if it's to serve his "higher" moral standarts. Logan is an asshole, but William is potentially disturbing.
Very good point, Logan is definitely kind of a dick but William is just very unstable and potentially a monster.

ChristNolan wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:Hopkins really plays the character brilliantly too. Age hasn't effected his acting. I hope he's able to make it to the second season, it would suck if something happened to him but he is getting old
Frankly, I'm not sure how much more we can tell of him. It's entirely up to the writers on how vague they want some of this to be, but it does feel like we're coming to the end of his arc. Especially if something major were to go down in the finale. Then in the next season, the other characters will have to live with the consequences of his choices, much like the later seasons of Game of Thrones. His legacy can come back to haunt in many ways. I'm just spitballin' though.

The problem is -- none of the characters outside of Robert Ford and Bernard are all that interesting. Once the mastery of Hopkins is gone, will we really care about this show much longer?
I don't think that will be a problem, maybe Ford can die and still live. He's trying to achieve immortality, one way or another.

We might even get better ensemble in next seasons. And Nolan can has plenty of themes to choose from. The possibilities are endless.
ChristNolan wrote:The chapel scene is also one of the more daring takes on God and religion that I've seen in awhile. The idea itself has been foreshadowed quite a bit through the season, but still - seeing it manifested physically kinda gave me goosebumps.
I can't think of any other instance in cinema where we see people (err..robots) sitting in a church talking to themselves because they perceive their own subconscious inner monologue as a higher being. Alluding to us creating God out of our own minds has been around for ages obviously, but to show it literally is so surreal and striking. The music and camera there is also top notch.
Whoa :wtf:

I swear there's never more than a 10-second downtime of the soundtrack on this show.

William turning into a monster makes the case for him being Man in Black even stronger, and I do believe it turns out to be true.

I think that Ford's new narrative will be the main thing for season 2, or at least make us believe so lol. I feel like he wants to have his divine status more literally to the hosts or something along those lines.

This is brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine Trump as Ford. He'd grab 'em by the pussy over and over and over again.

''Tremendous park!'