Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Great episode, knew 99.99% of the stuff would happen, but hey ho. Didn't really ruin the fun for me. I just feel confused when it comes to fan communities - it can be super awesome and fun (unless people start crossing all lines, then it just becomes gross), and a part of me kind of wanted to partake in all of the fanhosting (bad pun, I kno) and speculating, but I'm also glad I never did - that subreddit has become like a full blown toxic circlejerk with some people even going as far as sending death threats to those who weren't salivating all over their tinfoil theories. In a few years, I swear this show will be best known for all of this shit and not the show itself haha.

EDIT: plus some people feeling sooo included when they mention "Doesn't look like anything to me" 35 times in every single thread. Cringe.

Ruth wrote:Great episode, knew 99.99% of the stuff would happen, but hey ho. Didn't really ruin the fun for me. I just feel confused when it comes to fan communities - it can be super awesome and fun (unless people start crossing all lines, then it just becomes gross), and a part of me kind of wanted to partake in all of the fanhosting (bad pun, I kno) and speculating, but I'm also glad I never did - that subreddit has become like a full blown toxic circlejerk with some people even going as far as sending death threats to those who weren't salivating all over their tinfoil theories. In a few years, I swear this show will be best known for all of this shit and not the show itself haha.

EDIT: plus some people feeling sooo included when they mention "Doesn't look like anything to me" 35 times in every single thread. Cringe.
Doesn't look like anything to me.

Robert giving Dolores the narrative of watching the murder of her family is direct revenge for her killing Arnold. An endless loop of suffering is a callback to Memento and, in a way, the Tesseract scene in Interstellar (if he never got out, that is).

Allstar wrote:I want to re-watch it one more time but yeah it was great. Jeffrey Wright killed it.
killed himself you mean
Great episode (maybe because the lab rats were not in this episode lel) but I agree with Vader. This show needs to be elevated to higher level.

Which is funny considering how Person of Interest is often considered to be better than network tv shows.

Anyway, CW's DC shows have best fan communities, period.

Jeffrey Wright was absolutely stellar like the entire episode. Wow. I think I trust Jonah to pull this off, the Arnold mystery's resolution was exquisite. Still ambivalent about all that maze stuff but we'll see.

I was completely mindfucked by Dolores' wardrobe changes, but I guess that was the point
MIB = William is 99% confirmed I think at this point with the multiple timelines being a reality
I feel like the second viewing of this season is going to be much more satisfying than the first.

People on here said they saw everything coming but yet I don't recall a single person here saying
they thought Bernard was based on the real Arnold...

Allstar wrote:People on here said they saw everything coming but yet I don't recall a single person here saying
That was predictable af.

ChristNolan wrote:
Robert giving Dolores the narrative of watching the murder of her family is direct revenge for her killing Arnold. An endless loop of suffering is a callback to Memento and, in a way, the Tesseract scene in Interstellar (if he never got out, that is).
Didn't think of that... but damn, Robert is one sinister motherfucker

Allstar wrote:People on here said they saw everything coming but yet I don't recall a single person here saying
Not on this site, but on another forum I go on people definitely did

I thought that was going to be the case for weeks. What really surprised me was
That Dolores killed Arnold.

-Vader