Westworld (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Law wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
Law wrote:I need the score for when Maive is getting the tour .. absolutely amazing
are you having a laugh?

aint score mate
-Vader
Interesting developments, but the music in the show from what I remember has way more than that.
It's called a cover.

Courtesy of Reddit.

First promotional shot for Episode 7.

Ruth wrote:^Honestly, I've never watched Person of Interest, except for a few episodes I randomly caught on tv, so I can't comment on that. But that bit from TDKR never seemed very realistic to me haha. I guess it is possible (and probable) in Westworld, though it seems a little too elaborate atm.
How many businessmen do you know? Forget popular ones like Elon, Gates, Jobs, Zuckerberg etc. There are hundreds if not thousands of CEOs, founders, and other rich people who prefer their privacy and anonymity. Wouldn't be difficult to clean the official record, especially in a world without paper records. I mean if someone looks up Westworld's website for its founder and website only lists Ford, why would they think there might be someone else as well?

Arnold's tendency to avoid the spotlight must've made it easier for Ford to alter whatever handful of references there.

Here you go. Don't think they're the exact versions as the ones broadcasted, though.

Found this on Twitter.

Can't believe I didn't see this earlier.

Peter Abernathy's threat to Ford and Bernard in "The Original".
'I shall have such revenges on you... BOTH.'
"The Stray" revealed that he's very likely a first generation host. If he's recalling memories of old builds, he's probably going all the way back to his earliest ones. To a time where he's had sessions with both Ford and Arnold. If the Bernard/Arnold theory is true, this whole scene gets a new dimension, for in Peter's point-of-view:

He thinks he's threatening the two founders of the park.

They hinted at it right away. "Are you watching closely", indeed. :o :o :clap: :clap: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:

Watching Maeve crashed her own system when looking at the tablet at her own speech is kinda disturbing so does
when young Ford's face split open, and of course the whole secret hideout with his own family droids

"The Adversary" also established that the older generation hosts have transmission receivers, through which signals can be relayed into.

Think how many of them, are decommissioned and kept in cold storage. If Bernard really is a non-human entity modeled after Arnold, & has already been 'subconsciously awakened' by the creator himself (think of him being like Ginny Weasley in The Chamber of Secrets, while the voice of Arnold is like Tom Riddle's diary, egging him on), & does things that push Arnold's vision, without his knowledge. He could decommission the older hosts, but not do so completely, so that they can receive signals that could lead to their awakening. And besides Theresa, he may've been the second mole that Elsie was alluding to, who's been issuing modifications to hosts (as she found Arnold's name in the old system).

There may've been an instance of this "not total decommissioning" in 'The Original' itself, when Bernard whispers something to Peter, before sending him off to storage. He doesn't do the same to Walter, because he's probably the current generation, while Peter is not.
Last edited by ChrisTilford on November 8th, 2016, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vader182 wrote:Pratham that's the only reasonable explanation I've heard but it's still a huge contrivance regardless. When your "smart" characters act really stupid, it completely undermines not just the credibility of the individual characters but the intregrity of the overall product. The Prometheus effect, basically.

-Vader
Or the "Park" effect?
Srsly though, Yeah, but I can forgive this here because it's much more easy to believe that that's something of an exception in Westworld. Staff there is so huge that tomfoolery at the lowest levels should be both expected (they explain it's a common practice) and harmless in 99% of the cases. This is simply a 1% case and them being stupid has at least been already established, oh, and one of them isn't merely stupid, he has a soft spot for hosts.

But it does leave room for inevitable questioning of plot integrity and it shouldn't so I would really appreciate it if we didn't have to wait 2 episodes.

Ranking: 1,4,5/6,3,2. I feel it would change once I see it all again though.

The difference I guess is that character in JP is shown to be a buffoon from the start so it's just dramatic irony that his own stupidity leads to his own death, whereas here you just have people acting real dumb to move the plot alone and contrive suspense/tension/mystery. Besides,

wouldn't it have been way more compelling if Maeve..
Got the better of two smart people instead of two morons?

-Vader

Guy's a moron but he can evidently do way more than the other dude and Maeve even says so? The whole thing happened because he is not stupid and the other guy is, therefore it's easier to put him into submission, while the other one clearly adores the hosts, like prince said.

Edit: I don't believe he forgot to put her into sleep (episode 2). Someone else is playing with the hosts.