Inside Out (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

The young girl, Riley, has her own world, and then the world inside her brain is a second setting. It has a control center — think of something like The Truman Show — and then massive areas throughout the brain, from imagination (it looks like a film studio) and abstract thought (it looks abstract!) and even memory, which looks like something out of Blade Runner’s setting. The various emotions all contribute to running the place, which is connected by the Train of Thought — literally, a train.
The emotions are the main characters in the movie; they’re the ones pictured in the new concept art at the top of this post. From left to right, they will be played by:

Fear: Bill Hader
Sadness: Phyllis Smith
Joy: Amy Poehler
Disgust: Mindy Kaling
Anger: Lewis Black

Mind. Blown. :shock:

Yeah, it looks like Pixar's finally getting their groove back again. :thumbup:

My most anticipated out of the 3 planned original films. love the premise.

Before I pick a favorite I need to hear what Dia De Los Muertos is. Because if it's a zombie/horror film like I think it may be the winner.

Now we've got Dreamworks (on and off, though it may be), Disney, and Pixar making really good animated films :D

I'm intrigued.

More info:
Riley, the once happy-go-lucky pre-teen is uprooted from her pleasant life in Minnesota and thrust into a new, unwelcome existence in San Francisco. That’s when the emotions take over, much to the chagrin of her baffled parents. Anger (Lewis Black), Disgust (Mindy Kaling), Fear (Bill Hader), Sadness (The Office‘s Phyliss Smith) and Joy (Amy Poehler) spar, collaborate, and miscommunicate with one another in an attempt to keep her functioning.

“We get to take you places everyone has thought about but nobody has seen before. Places like ‘long-term memory,’” said Docter. Other places visited include the Disneyland-esque Imaginationland and “Abstract Thought,” where emotions become Piccaso-style versions of themselves. There’s also Dream Pictures, a movie studio where dreams are produced and “The Train of Thought,” which connects all the different worlds and looks like … well, guess.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/09/p ... id-strike/

Wow... This sounds incredibly interesting, and I can already see it being a very touching film.

Same. I mean, you can't get more emotional than a film that's literally about emotions.

SilverHeart wrote:Same. I mean, you can't get more emotional than a film that's literally about emotions.
:lol: Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.