Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Man of Steel

I originally gave this film something in the 7's range... like a 7.5 or something like that. I think I'll bump it up a bit to a 7.7-7.8. I enjoyed it quite a bit more the 2nd time around. I think I enjoy the creative decisions they made to twist the Superman character into something a bit more believable. I mean, the movie has flaws all over the place, but regardless, it's still an enjoyable flick.

Prisoners

The more I think about this film, the more I'm enjoying it. It really could have ended up being anything mediocre Crime Thriller that would have followed the same beats as other films, but it decides to create it's own unique path and ends up being rather unique in it's own way. In a way, the film is about making up for the troubles you have made with your past (Keller not being a responsible family man, Loki trying to be the best he can be), but you could look at it from any perspective and you would be right. The performances are all great, but not as fantastic as I originally anticipated. The intensity of Jackman's performance serves quite a big purpose for his character throughout the film. Gyllenhaal is interesting, but I think it's his character that made his performance better. I really do hope we'll see more of Villeneuve in the future, because his direction is fantastic.

BlairCo wrote:Prisoners

The more I think about this film, the more I'm enjoying it. It really could have ended up being anything mediocre Crime Thriller that would have followed the same beats as other films, but it decides to create it's own unique path and ends up being rather unique in it's own way. In a way, the film is about making up for the troubles you have made with your past (Keller not being a responsible family man, Loki trying to be the best he can be), but you could look at it from any perspective and you would be right. The performances are all great, but not as fantastic as I originally anticipated. The intensity of Jackman's performance serves quite a big purpose for his character throughout the film. Gyllenhaal is interesting, but I think it's his character that made his performance better. I really do hope we'll see more of Villeneuve in the future, because his direction is fantastic.
The scene where Jackman
identifies the sock should seal him an Oscar nom if there is any justice

Thor 2 The Dark World (2013)
Cool movie. A worthy sequel. Better than IM3 but not as good as MOS for me.

Man of Steel
I do think the mass destruction is necessary, but at the same time, i realized just how tiring the nonstop action can get. Still really like the film.
Why the hell did Jonathan go back for the dog?

Bacon wrote:Man of Steel
I do think the mass destruction is necessary, but at the same time, i realized just how tiring the nonstop action can get. Still really like the film.
I guess they were trying to emphasize the fact that he is a good hearted man and his actions are inspired Clark to be a hero.

Forum Pro
Law
You must have never owned a family pet

Law wrote:
You must have never owned a family pet
I have, but my father >>>>>> my dog.

Just finished a couple Wes Anderson Shorts. A Denis Villeneuve Short Next Floor. Wes Anderson's Shorts were Castello Cavalcanti, Prada Candy, Hotel Chevalier, and Cousin Ben Troop Screening.