Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:There Will Be Blood
This is a technically superior film. Acting, directing, score (my boy Jonny Greenwood), and cinematography, all amazing. My only gripe honestly is with the story itself. I didn't feel as gripped or as compelled as I've seen others be with this movie. Maybe I need repeat viewings, but nothing truly stood out to me as magnificent other than a few standout scenes. I wish it had clicked with me more, because this is still a fantastic film and I can understand why people love it.
That's where you went wrong.£

TWBB is heavily inspired by 2001 and that alone guarantees a feast.

I wasn't as lucky these days since we've been doing Spidey marathon and yesterday was Spidey 3 day... I couldn't take it for more than 20 minutes, it's utter garbage, worst Raimi. TASM tomorrow ought to be a refresher in comparison.

I'll probably buy TWBB in the future and watch it again. It's absolutely worth owning. And I'm interested in Gondry's Eternal Sunshine. That good?

@Vader: And I'm looking for films considered (like TWBB) to be masterpieces. Films I can really delve into mentally.

imo, the master is even greater than TWBB.

Concussion

7.4/10

Solid. Good to see Smith back.

m4st4 wrote:TWBB is heavily inspired by 2001 and that alone guarantees a feast.

I wasn't as lucky these days since we've been doing Spidey marathon and yesterday was Spidey 3 day... I couldn't take it for more than 20 minutes, it's utter garbage, worst Raimi. TASM tomorrow ought to be a refresher in comparison.
Oz is much worse. Spidey was at least entertaining at parts.£

Bacon wrote:And I'm interested in Gondry's Eternal Sunshine. That good?
My all time favorite movie, mostly because it resonates with me. But that movie is so definition of creative in every way.

Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Master, Eternal Sunshine, Zodiac, Seven, Pulp Fiction.

Good list to watch?

It's hard to imagine someone not being impressed by TWBB. Even my parents loved it.

Films from the library. You're funny guy, Bacon.

I literally said the film was fantastic and I loved it and that it was absolutely worth owning and that my only complaint was that the story wasn't gripping.

What on earth is wrong with you? Read next time.