Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Aw, thanks guys.

BTW, I watched normal things, too. I'm not a complete asshole.

Allstar wrote: All these other clowns watched their first Tarantino film at some point as well. Just ignore them.
No harm done by them, it was an reasonable reaction by them.

Besides i don't watch much movies. so yeah, no harm done.

Jack Reacher-Had some good moments. Overall pretty good movie.

Havoc1st wrote:Jack Reacher-Had some good moments. Overall pretty meh movie.
Fixed.

Havoc1st wrote:Jack Reacher-Had some good moments. Overall pretty good movie.
No need to fix, you got it right.

The Deer Hunter

Masterpiece. Nothing else to say really. Despite being very different films (One cynical, and one like a big heartfelt letter to vets) I think TDH, along with Full Metal Jacket are my favorite American "war" films.

Hard Eight

6.4/10

Movie had no payoff but held my attention.

The Wizard of Oz (1939)

What a wonderfully timeless adaptation. Most of the songs are fun, the witch to me always seems to channel a voice that's just in the middle of tough girl and hag and all of the characters are extremely likeable (the lion's a bit over-the-top but that's not a big deal). While some things have been left out (notably the kalibahs), the film does still look beautiful.

9/10

Labyrinth

David Bowie in a wig, need I say more? Ironically, he comes across as the most naturl actor and the most believable character in the film. At times a bit tedious and unfocused, overall the imagination behind the film and the set and character design in particular are enough to make it charming and while the acting is weird in some places ('I hate YOU'), most of the characters are engaging and the story lighthearted enough to keep one interested if one is into fantasy at all.

8/10

Dodd wrote:Hard Eight

6.4/10

Sure it does, he kills SLJ. Covers the blood and his work is done, JCR and Gwyneth can go off and have a happy life.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Dodd wrote:Hard Eight

6.4/10

Sure it does, he kills SLJ. Covers the blood and his work is done, JCR and Gwyneth can go off and have a happy life
Might want to spoiler wrap that.

But IDK it just seemed a bit anti-climatic for me. Thought the ending might have something more substantial to say. The phone booth conversation at the end was great though.