Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Malcom X. 9/10.

Zodiac- Fincher's best for sure. A near perfect meeting of aesthetic form and content. He's much more a clinician than an auteur so it's really whether the content fits him because he always uses the same tone and style. Performances are great. Atmosphere is fantastic. Chilling and incredibly involving. Best serial killer movie ever and also the best exploration of the way police work. It'll be tough for Fincher to top this. Maybe a masterpiece. A+
Last edited by Sky007 on August 20th, 2014, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haven't posted in this recycle bin for a long time. Here it goes.

7.7 would be fair. Looking forward to the sequel.

Allstar wrote:The Fault in Our Stars-

Lead female character that does not literally "kick ass" but is "stronger" and more courageous than any of those characters and yes this still made a ton of money. Wake up Hollywood. Woodley is incapable of having a false moment.
Image Image

Jackie Brown - 9/10

V for Vendetta - 9.5/10

Smart, haunting, emotional, beautiful.... the list goes on and on. And my god, Weaving gives one hell of a performance.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:V for Vendetta - 9.5/10

Smart, haunting, emotional, beautiful.... the list goes on and on. And my god, Weaving gives one hell of a performance.
One of my favorite films.

Some contrast here.

Only Lovers Left Alive
Jarmusch, 2013

Vampire tales are difficult now days. The themes are beaten and used in cinema and television, from Dracula to Buffy to Twilight, the genre's been exploited in just about every way. I can't say Jarmusch's work transcends it, but it certainly creates a nice setting for him to tell a wonderful character story. Like Adam (Hiddleston) himself, the story's quietly tragic. It's a slow burning film that leads to a beautiful and poetic ending, although the film itself feels like the epilogue of an epic novel. It's film craft is elegant and refined in all aspects, from the fantastic performances to the neutral yet staying digital cinematography.

Need for Speed
Waugh, 2014

It's mind numbingly dumb, but it's loud and pretty to look at in a way that isn't assaulting like a Michael Bay movie. Little more than good looking people driving good looking cars with colorful photography and a fantastically aggressive sound mix. I can't recommend the movie for any other purpose than working out a quality sound system while you let your brain rot.

Crazy Eight wrote:Need for Speed
Waugh, 2014

It's mind numbingly dumb, but it's loud and pretty to look at in a way that isn't assaulting like a Michael Bay movie. Little more than good looking people driving good looking cars with colorful photography and a fantastically aggressive sound mix. I can't recommend the movie for any other purpose than working out a quality sound system while you let your brain rot.
It's exactly what NFS was pretty much all about.

The low score compared to the latest F&F features is pretty retarded since it's definitely better than those.

F&F has Vin Diesel hustling everyone on facebook though