Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The ending doesn't ruin the movie, but it did feel redundant how they included the last minute. However, it's a fabulous movie, and hopefully holds up with repeated viewings. What was your favorite scene from The Nice Guys, Allstar?

This scene never gets old.

ZODIAC

David Fincher's finest work. His most mature film too.

The scene by the lake was horrible to watch and the scene in the basement was bone chilling.

I think it's overrated

Watched American Graffiti, I think it's better than most of Linklater's films which are very close in style

Nomis wrote:I think it's overrated
Overrated? That honour would go to Fight Club.

Nah

i think Seven is Fincher's best by a good margin

and yeah, i'd definitely put Zodiac above Fight Club

Michaelf2225 wrote:i think Seven is Fincher's best by a good margin
Samesies.

Fight Club verges towards Fincher's most psuedo intellectual movie. Panic Room, with it's winking feminist commentary and "life in the digital age is a proverbial prison" subtext, is deeper. Plus you get Fincher at his most devious, playful, and Hitchcockian (loose remake of Rear Window). Fight Club is a comparatively superficial text.

-Vader

I prefer his latest three colaborations over his 'phase 1' but that's just natural evolution. And yeah 'Panic Room' is extremely underrated.

Panic Room does end a bit simple imo

I really like the film but I feel like he could've done a bit more with the ending..

Just watched this masterpiece again:
It's only been the fourth time I watched this film. Last time was one and a half years ago! It's truly amazing. It's going to age like a fine wine. It still baffles me this didn't get a Best Cinematography Nom but then again, it didn't even win Best Score or even better said, it lost to Grand Budapest Hotel lol Nevertheless, in the end it doesn't matter how many Oscar noms or wins it gets this is spectacular filmmaking and I'll forever be grateful to Nolan for making this
Also the first time having watched a Nolan film since working on Dunkirk. It's quite strange to watch his work now after having been working with him so closely, such an odd feeling. Incredibly excited for Dunkirk!

Also, I think Damon as Mann is one of his finest if not his finest performance. He truly nailed it and I also think Mann is one of the best villains in Nolan's oeuvre (so far)