Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Mist-

Lovely family film.

-Vader

Highlander 2
One word only:
Pants.

The only good thing was the directing, which was better than the first one.

Vader182 wrote:Tree of Life-

I left my first viewing puzzled, angry, and exhausted from boredom. But something kept asking me to revisit it, and I have many times since. Enormously, personal film for me.

-Vader
I fell asleep and woke up at the moment where the dinos showed up, at which point I decided to watch something else and left.

Havoc1st wrote:Highlander 2
One word only:
Pants.

The only good thing was the directing, which was better than the first one.
There can be only one....good Highlander movie.

Batfan175 wrote:

I left my first viewing puzzled, angry, and exhausted from boredom. But something kept asking me to revisit it, and I have many times since. Enormously, personal film for me.

-Vader
I fell asleep and woke up at the moment where the dinos showed up, at which point I decided to watch something else and left.
Jurassic Park?

Cilogy wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:

-Vader
Jurassic Park?
Naa, I went and bought a ticket for X-Men First Class right away. I was in a shallow mood that day what can I say?

but the creation sequence is like, one of the best scenes of all time

the sound/visual alone is extraordinary

-Vader

The Shining

I really think this might be my favorite horror of all time. No matter how many times I see it, the impending sense of doom and ominous atmosphere that radiates from the Overlook Hotel never ceases to impress (and disturb) the shit out of me. As much as I loved The Babadook (and I did love it) that's one thing it just didn't get so right, a slow building, ominous atmosphere you can really feel. It's so hypnotic, and by the end of the film I really feel like I've been in the hotel and something has happened to me. That kind of been there feeling is fucking rare for me. I really love how this film looks completely unlike any horror ever. No dark shadows or spider webs here. Instead we have incredibly really vibrant colors all over the place, incredibly symmetric geometry, and wonderful lighting. This just makes the hotel all the more exotic and creepy. Awesome cinematography and set design.

Much has been said about the ghost girls, and they are freaking great, but for me the scariest image in this film is the old rotting woman rising from the bath tub. The whole sequence is one of the few in any horror film that disturbs me every time I see it. I start to feel intimidated the closer that scene comes. I also love the moments with Jack speaking to Delbert Grady, the epic River of blood from the elevators, and the score. This film is just amazing right from the opening, which sets of the impending doom with its score and isolated imagery better than any horror film I can think of, and again there isn't even a shadow in sight. It's so different for a horror film.
Last edited by ComptonTerry on February 13th, 2015, 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah the room 237 scene is absolutely disturbing. Even just thinking about it made me take my headphones off and look around the room haha.

thegreypilgrim wrote:Yeah the room 237 scene is absolutely disturbing. Even just thinking about it made me take my headphones off and look around the room haha.
It really does scare the shit out of me, I have the light on in my room now. I watched this movie about a year ago and this happened to me, I said I wouldn't let it happen again but it did lol. The whole scene is fucked but what does it for me is the weird editing of her walking and laughing cut with her rising from the tub, It might actually be the most disturbing moment in any horror film (at least I haven't found a worse one yet) for me period.