Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
For me

Best Planet of the Apes ever
Best X-Men ever
Best MCU ever (Winter Soldier)
Best Tom Cruise in a long time

And I'm leaving out Guardians of the Galaxy that I found really overrated but that almost everyone really enjoyed

Yeah, summer 2014 was batshit insane for blockbusters

Am I the only one who thinks Rise and Dawn are on pretty much the same level? If anything Rise is a more fascinating film.

Allstar wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Rise and Dawn are on pretty much the same level? If anything Rise is a more fascinating film.
Just cuz Franco?

nah just kidding.

Both movies have some very interesting stuff. Haven't seen Rise in some time though.

Visuals of Dawn are on a whole other level and Franco's character was lame and he didnt elevate the material.

It's not a perfect film though, I just saw it as a big improvement over the first. It actually made it more like an optional prologue, Dawn really works even if you havent seen Rise

Now Where Was I ? wrote:and Franco's character was lame and he didnt elevate the material.
You can say the same about Clarke.

Allstar wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:and Franco's character was lame and he didnt elevate the material.
You can say the same about Clarke.
Better written for sure, I look forward to see him in the next film. Oldman was criminally underused though

Franco was acceptable but I actually liked Clarke's presence in Dawn. Good movie, that one. Lots of great ape drama.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:For me

Some Like It Hot (1959)
Screwball Comedy was a vague term that was used by critics that I sort of didn't understand. This film seems to epitomize exactly what I thought it meant. A few jokes early on relied a bit too heavily on 'HAHA MEN IN DRESSES", but it quickly got over that and became really smart, with some quick asides about gender politics. I can only assume at the time of release, this was really edgy stuff.
Soundtrack is great stuff; Marilyn's a bit eh, but you can see why she's iconic.
It wasn't a laugh-riot, but it was quite comforting and fun to watch.
4.5/5
Now Where Was I ? wrote:For me

Best X-Men ever
Best MCU ever (Winter Soldier)
Best Tom Cruise in a long time

And I'm leaving out Guardians of the Galaxy that I found really overrated but that almost everyone really enjoyed

Man it was awesome wasn't it?
Not a big fan of Live.Die.Repeat/All You Need Is kill/Groundhog Day with guns/Edge of Tomorrow; but if that was the only thing that disappointed me it must've been pretty damn good.

Wild

Really liked it. Witherspoon Kills it!