Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Only Lovers Left Alive

This film was a lot of fun. It's not quite as hipsteristic as what the poster or images suggest the film to be, but it combines its own creepiness with its humor extremely well. The dialogue is short but sweet in a lot of scenes, and the atmosphere in all of the scenes are so interesting and doesn't waste a moment in its characterizations. The two main leads are absolutely excellent. Tilda Swimton is a quiet, caring soul for nearly every character in the film, and Tom Hiddleston portrays the rather reclusive and gloomy vampire very well. Mia Wasikowska is fun, but she's not in the film for too long which is a shame. The music in this is wonderful (Dodd, you'll like this film for just that reason alone), and the stylistic imagery is gorgeous to watch. The film is most likely gonna receive a cult status in the next few years because it's quirkiness isn't very accessible, but in saying that, this is Jim Jamusch's most accessible film yet.

(Off to see The Past today)

Master Virgo wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:Moulin Rouge.

Baz

what r u doin

baz

staaahp
Care to elaborate?£
everything about it was bad

Pacific Rim - 7.5/10
So predictable,

An Adventure in Space and Time
Wow. This was highly impressive.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

5.3/10

I think I'm in the same boat as Durden on this one. The overacting and corny dialogue were just too much to over look. On the bright side those elements made it unintentionally hilarious. I don't know if its studio shills driving up the rating of this online or just the tons of movie goers who love young-adult movie adaptations. Granted I've never been into young-adult adaptation movies but the first I enjoyed, overall I was very disappointed in this instalment.

prince0gotham wrote:
RIFA wrote:Hehehe Dodd.... me and Vader welcome you to the club lol.

Prince should be in the club as well but fucker always postpones seeing any Godard films... :facepalm: :lol:
I saw a scene from pirreut le fou today
Lmao. That's... NO! :lol:

Man of Steel - 7.5/10

First time seeing this and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought for the most part that Cavill did a solid job as Kent and I also liked Shannon quite a bit as Zod. The action scenes can be hit or miss quite often but the first Superman fight was pretty fun to watch though. The score was pretty good also and could also be great in some moments.

Never really cared for Superman before but I actually enjoyed this quite bit.

JFK 5/5 and i also watched a film that is so brilliant that zack had to include batman into the sequel to even have a chance at topping it The best superhero film ever Man Of Steel 8-) .

manofsteel1 wrote:JFK 5/5 and i also watched a film that is so brilliant that zack had to include batman into the sequel to even have a chance at topping it The best superhero film ever Man Of Steel 8-) .

JAWS_Fan17 wrote:
manofsteel1 wrote:JFK 5/5 and i also watched a film that is so brilliant that zack had to include batman into the sequel to even have a chance at topping it The best superhero film ever Man Of Steel 8-) .
Broken link :) .