Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
grifball wrote:Prisoners

10/10

That was the most suspenseful film I have ever seen. And the best shot film of the year. I swear if this doesn't get at least 3 oscars I will be very mad. Acting is awesome.
Most suspenseful? I don't think you've seen enough films.
I like the cinematography, but "best shot film"? :lol:
Be glad if it wins one Oscar, the Oscar race is packed this year.

11072014 wrote:
grifball wrote:Prisoners

10/10

That was the most suspenseful film I have ever seen. And the best shot film of the year. I swear if this doesn't get at least 3 oscars I will be very mad. Acting is awesome.
Most suspenseful? I don't think you've seen enough films.
I like the cinematography, but "best shot film"? :lol:
Be glad if it wins one Oscar, the Oscar race is packed this year.
I meant of the year. It had some really good shots in it. But It probably wasnt the best shot of the year Gravity would take that for me. But its a close second.

lol grifball is still grifball

RyanRises wrote:lol grifball is still grifball
what films did you see during your exile?

Elysium

It was better than what I was expecting from everyone saying it wasn't that good. I liked Sharlto and Damon. Never liked Jodie Foster. The effects looked great. Wasn't as good as District 9 but it was really good.

8.1/10

Kapringen (A Hijacking)

This Danish film from Tobias Lindholm (writer of The Hunt) is a tense and emotional thriller that is essentially about psychological warfare. I can't help but draw parallels between it an Captain Phillips. However, the latter is clearly fully of Hollywoodisms, while this film takes a more understated and maybe even more gritty approach. It has really great, realistic performances and smart writing, please check this shit out.

I'm unclear on whether this is considered a 2012 or 2013 film, at least in the Western Hemisphere, so I'll withhold at the moment at the risk of upsetting Crazy Eight.

Cilogy wrote:Kapringen (A Hijacking)

This Danish film from Tobias Lindholm (writer of The Hunt) is a tense and emotional thriller that is essentially about psychological warfare. I can't help but draw parallels between it an Captain Phillips. However, the latter is clearly fully of Hollywoodisms, while this film takes a more understated and maybe even more gritty approach. It has really great, realistic performances and smart writing, please check this shit out.

I'm unclear on whether this is considered a 2012 or 2013 film, at least in the Western Hemisphere, so I'll withhold at the moment at the risk of upsetting Crazy Eight.
2013. Anywayyyyyyyyyyy I TOLD YOU GUYS TO SEE THIS MOVIE...

RIFA wrote:2013. Anywayyyyyyyyyyy I TOLD YOU GUYS TO SEE THIS MOVIE...
The only post of yours I could find about it says you gave it a 7.8/10, why so low?

Cilogy wrote:
The only post of yours I could find about it says you gave it a 7.8/10, why so low?
It's not low. It's fair for what it is. But probably because the ending felt like a sharp knife. I mean I felt the movie just ended, just cut off. But I'm willing to bet that this is a grittier and a much more sober experience than Captain Phillips. With european movies is usually like that because they tend to avoid cliches and hollywoodianisms so you end up actually questioning the faith of the story and characters.

RIFA wrote:
Cilogy wrote:
It's not low. It's fair for what it is. But probably because the ending felt like a sharp knife. I mean I felt the movie just ended, just cut off. But I'm willing to bet that this is a grittier and a much more sober experience than Captain Phillips. With european movies is usually like that because they tend to avoid cliches and hollywoodianisms so you end up actually questioning the faith of the story and characters.
This is what I so enjoyed about the film.