Last Film You Watched? V

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Durden wrote: TAOJJBTCRF
ftfy

haha smartass. ;)

Anyways I really love the film, and the performances it carries. Pitt is just amazing, and Affleck delivers career best work. Rockwell is damn good, and steals scenes. The cinematography in my top 5 ever. The narration, and music are beautiful, and elevate scenes throughout. One of my faves.

Durden wrote:haha smartass. ;)

Anyways I really love the film, and the performances it carries. Pitt is just amazing, and Affleck delivers career best work. Rockwell is damn good, and steals scenes. The cinematography in my top 5 ever. The narration, and music are beautiful, and elevate scenes throughout. One of my faves.
I agree with everything you just said, but am I the only one that thought Pitt's performance was the best in the film?

Conviction (2010)
A straight forward drama with great performances. Still a compelling story yo.

The Conjuring (2013)
So very very scary, like so scary I hated it; you know what I mean? I'm not all technical-savvy but errrrthing that I saw on screen just worked yo.

11072014 wrote:
Durden wrote:haha smartass. ;)

I agree with everything you just said, but am I the only one that thought Pitt's performance was the best in the film?
I thought he was the best as well.

Affleck was the standout for me, he was perfectly cast here. Pitt is great as well, my second favorite performance from him.

the_red_ninja wrote:The Conjuring (2013)
So very very scary, like so scary I hated it; you know what I mean? I'm not all technical-savvy but errrrthing that I saw on screen just worked yo.
Wan da gawd.

Taxi Driver
The perfect film for coming off the 'movement' era, Taxi Driver's Travis Bickle takes everything you expect from someone growing up in the 50s and 60s and flips them completely upside down. He doesn't participate in any movements and hardly keeps up with politics. Rather, he's stuck in his own world, and anything outside of it simply doesn't exist. It's the perfect contrast to the 'stand for something' type era in which the United States (and the world) was finally beginning to settle down from in the mid-70s.

I certainly don't have much new to say on this movie, and I don't want to rehash the word of others' before so I'll just say that Scorsese and Schrader stuck all the right (or maybe wrong) notes in the making of this film and it resonates even to this day.

10/10

absolutely loved it, one of my favorite woody allen films :thumbup:

United 93

I just revisited this gem of a film, and it still, after countless amounts of viewings, still holds up to me as one of the most realistic films ever created. The atmosphere is astounding and after the first plane is hijacked, the intensity never stops. What I love about this film is the authenticity of nearly every single detail, from the passengers conversing with each other, to down on the ground with air traffic control running around in fright. And the last 15 minutes is probably the most intense experience I've ever had with a film, and the first time I saw this film was on TV. Just such a wonder of a film that I advise everyone to see at least once.

Off to see Captain Phillips tomorrow. I don't expect it to top United 93, but from what I've heard from you guys, it holds it own.