DC Multiverse

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
he has super sunscreen ability tho

Deadline - Spider-Women, Captain Marvel & Harley Quinn: Females Fly In The Face Of Old Hollywood Perceptions
On December 9, Orange is the New Black actress Ruby Rose will introduce the character Batwoman on the CW series The Flash with an eye toward a stand-alone series of her own. If all goes as expected, next year Batwoman will be the first openly gay or lesbian title character in any DC or Marvel screen adaptation.

A new live-action series called Stargirl with Brec Bassinger in the title role will premiere next fall on DC Universe, the subscription streaming site from Warner Bros Digital Networks. DC Universe is also ramping up a new animated series called Harley Quinn that will star Kaley Cuoco (Big Bang Theory) and premiere late next year.

The Harley Quinn character is a major fan-favorite and she’s headed back to the big screen in a live-action film, too. In January, filming begins on the Warner Bros film Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn), which is planned as an R-rated vehicle for Margot Robbie to reprise the Harley Quinn role she introduced in Suicide Squad. Cathy Yan is directing. Mary Elizabeth Winstead co-stars as Huntress and Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary.

DC’s most famous female hero, Wonder Woman, is on the way back as well. Filming began last summer on Wonder Woman 1984, which reunites director Patty Jenkins and star Gal Gadot for a sequel to the acclaimed 2017 hit. The movie’s release has been pushed to June 5, 2020. There’s also been talk of films for Supergirl, Zatanna and Batgirl, while male-hero movies like the long-promised Flash solo film or a new Superman installment have lost momentum.

Renegade Cut is doing a 4 part miniseries on the DCEU films and overall fan culture.

I've liked his videos for a while now so I was very excited for this project. 20 minutes into this video and it's really good and very informative.

Anyone else watching these or only me?

Dunno if it's supposed to go here but Amy Adams recently said she was done with the DC Universe, confirming Cavill's departure.

Bacon wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 8:49 pm
Dunno if it's supposed to go here but Amy Adams recently said she was done with the DC Universe, confirming Cavill's departure.
I think in later statements she said she wasn't sure of what is going on.

I actually liked Amy in the role a lot. If she is done with the DCEU, it's a shame because she was one of the best actors in these films and I feel like her Lois Lane never reached the full potential of the character.

No actor in the DCEU has reached their character's full potential tbh

Bacon wrote:
December 27th, 2018, 9:03 pm
No actor in the DCEU has reached their character's full potential tbh
I think Gal Gadot certainly did. Then again, Wonder Woman is easily the best film of the bunch and her character introduction in BvS was the highlight of that movie.

EDIT: This is also what's kind of annoying about cinematic universes. A lot of these characters can take like 3-5 films to reach their potential. And if it's a troubled cinematic universe like DCEU, there's always going to be a "what if" going on in the back of your mind if actors leave.

‘Aquaman’ Horror Spinoff ‘The Trench’ in the Works
Warner Bros. is developing “The Trench” as a spinoff horror movie to its mega-hit “Aquaman.”

The studio has hired Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald to write a script centered on the Trench, the deadly amphibious creatures who attacked Aquaman (Jason Momoa) and Mera (Amber Heard) in the movie. The project will be set in the underseas kingdom in the Marianas Trench, where a group of the original inhabitants were sent after Atlantis sunk and evolved into savage monsters.

James Wan and Peter Safran will produce “The Trench,” which is being developed as a lower-cost version of “Aquaman” without the main cast involved. No director or cast is yet attached. The duo collaborated on “Aquaman” and “The Conjuring” with Wan directing and Safran producing.

The Trench creatures were created by Geoff Johns and introduced as antagonists in the Aquaman storyline in DC Comics in 2011. The Mariana Trench is the deepest point on the planet and has served as the home of antagonists in “The Meg” and “Pacific Rim.”

The trench scene was the best part of the movie. I would have preferred if the movie was a horror film about sea monsters instead of whatever the fuck we got.