DC Multiverse

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The event is not only for movies, though. Hopefully the long rumored Batman game will be announced as well.

Yeah I think having one major event (or maybe an event every season) is a way better plan than having a show like DC Daily (which was recently canceled).

Actually legit excited for several things here:
The Batman - potential Catwoman reveal?
Wonder Woman 1984 - Cheetah please
The Suicide Squad - would love to hear a James Gunn written Harley
Zack Snyder's Justice League - new trailer would be nice
And Shazam - Black Adam should be cool as well.

Imagine they reveal a Meera recast! 😏

I'm definitely excited for The Batman. Hopefully we'll get a full look at Batman. So far it's hard to judge the costume - the mask looks horrible in fanart and from on-set photos of stuntmen but it might be better once we see the whole thing. Also seeing Catwoman and the look of Gotham would be nice.

Then WB Games. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check in terms of a new Batman game by WBGM. They have been working on it so long but recently they abandoned their marketing campaign of viral images so I hope it's there but I won't be surprised if it's not. A Batman Telltale season 3 would be a fine enough announcement.

Also, what's going to happen with the DC Animated Movies? They finally ended those bad DC movies with the recent (and surprisingly solid) Apokalips War and the next Superman movie is supposed to start a new universe. I would like to see something more from those films, what the design will be and maybe the tone.

As for the other films? Meh... maybe seeing a Shazam 2 announcement would be nice. I really liked the first one.

I just wonder how the event will look like. Will we just go to different websites, click and watch pre-recorded panels? Or will it be more interactive? And will it be available for people outside the US?

I still can't believe we're getting Gunn's version of TSS since Guardians are basically that in space, it's perfect. And his favorite character is Harley and I adore Margot in the character (BoP naturally helped).

And Wonder Woman... That trailer was a banger and the expanded cast seems to be mashing perfectly with Gadot-Pine-Jenkins chemistry. Now all I need is for them to sell me on Cheetah.

It's good to be a DC fan, again.

By the way this #DCFanDome thing will be unprecedented look at every aspect of DC, 24 hour stream.

Pretty cool that they're fully embracing the Multiverse, so not everything has to constantly click with one another. No concessions need to be made. Reeves can do what he wants with his Batman movie(s), Jenkins with Wonder Woman and so on. I think it's quite an exciting approach. It must be appealing to filmmakers to do what they want to do and not just abide to the studio's bidding. I mean it works for one superhero connected universe, why not try something else?

Shots fired!

Gunn auto deletes his tweets after the fiasco from a few years ago, that shouldn’t be necessary per se but just being careful so they can’t be used against him or misconstrued in the future. Rian Johnson deleted all his tweets too.

At the time it was “thank you” now it’s a “pseudo apology”. Okay. Ray was treated poorly by Whedon and studio brass but he’s attacking the wrong guy here.

Fair.

But also if you look from the point of view of Fisher, WB treated him and the situation terribly, there was no real accountability, and now it might not be entirely on Gunn, but same as Hamada, he just wants to move on prematurely and get rid of the whole baggage of drama, and I can honestly see why that wouldn't fly with Fisher.

Even if Gunn, as a powerful person with a large influence, hadn't ever shown support to Whedon in an honestly disrespectful manner to the people who were speaking out against him, the fact still remains that nobody in charge of DC has any real interest in properly addressing the problematic legacy of the former regime, and Hollywood has a tradition of getting rid of both the victim and the perpetrator, and I don't think this, as a whole, is a good look for the new leadership.