DC Multiverse

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I would be surprised if this gets further than the drawing board.

What? Lol.£

No doubt Wan’s pull... but hilarious how Warners are thinking about goddamned Trench before a proper Superman solo. Priorities first.

Artemis wrote:
February 9th, 2019, 6:21 am
The trench scene was the best part of the movie.
Nah, that was the Sicily scene.

Numbers wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 5:10 am
Artemis wrote:
Are you talking about the rom com part of the scene or the action?

I think the camera work during the action sequences were great, but I liked the tone, the color palette, and the horror elements of the trench scene way more.

Artemis wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 7:11 am
Numbers wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 5:10 am
Artemis wrote:
Are you talking about the rom com part of the scene or the action?

I think the camera work during the action sequences were great, but I liked the tone, the color palette, and the horror elements of the trench scene way more.
The action. I thought the Trench scene looked great too, but the Sicily scene was longer and demonstrated Wan's excellent grasp of geography in the construction of an action sequence.

Numbers wrote:
February 11th, 2019, 5:06 am
The action. I thought the Trench scene looked great too, but the Sicily scene was longer and demonstrated Wan's excellent grasp of geography in the construction of an action sequence.
Agreed about that. Wan did a Vanity Fair video talking about that scene in length and the amount of planning that went into it was really amazing. The final product was fantastic for sure.

Ace

While there is not a Man of Steel sequel in the works, we’re hearing that Henry Cavill is in talks to reprise his role as Superman in the Warner Bros. DC Universe.

We hear Cavill could come back in a couple of different ways, not a standalone film, but there are plans to put him back in the big red cape again sources with knowledge tell us.

Warner Bros. is not developing a Man of Steel sequel, and Wonder Woman 1984, Suicide Squad are in the can, and Superman isn’t expected to make a cameo in Matt Reeves’ The Batman. Other projects where Cavill could make a cameo are Shazam 2, Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam or Aquaman 2, which are the next productions to be prepped once COVID-19 safety restrictions lift.

This pretty much tells me that WB is not giving Cavill the opportunity to fully embrace the character of Superman.

DC movies will have a special online event dated August 22nd that will feature movies like Batman, WW84, Shazam 2, Black Adam and Zack Snyder's Justice League.

Also, request title change into DC Expanded Universe since that is indeed official again if you check out HBO Max. Nobody says Worlds of DC lol.