Your Favorite Film Scores

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This thread is a place to share what some of your favorite film music is and possibly some of your favorite composers.

For me, my favorite has to be John Williams, his scores for Jaws, Star Wars, Superman and Indiana Jones are legendary. My favorite being Jurassic Park.

Ditto to John Williams, though Hans Zimmer is my favorite. The score for Gladiator is classic, as well as the one for TDK. Thomas Newman is my second favorite. I think my favorite score of the last decade was his for Wall-E. The one for Revolutionary Road is also very good. Michael Giacchino is also good. His score for Star Trek (and Up) was very good. Howard Shore is also a great composer (see The Lord of the Rings trilogy).

Well my fav is Bernard Herrmann and Thomas Newman joint and my fav soundtrack is the one Thomas Newman did for "Less Than Zero"

Herrmann was truly a master, Psycho's score is some of the most jarring music I've ever heard.

Hans Zimmer is also a favorite of mine. I love his scores for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, but my favorite would have to be The Lion King :D .

Howard Shore's score for The Lord of the Rings trilogy is amazing. I also really like his score for The Score :P .

I really liked Johnny Greenwood's score for There Will Be Blood.

jake088800 wrote:Ditto to John Williams, though Hans Zimmer is my favorite. The score for Gladiator is classic, as well as the one for TDK. Thomas Newman is my second favorite. I think my favorite score of the last decade was his for Wall-E. The one for Revolutionary Road is also very good. Michael Giacchino is also good. His score for Star Trek (and Up) was very good. Howard Shore is also a great composer (see The Lord of the Rings trilogy).
You stole all my words.I love Thomas Newman, what he did in American Beauty and my favorite Road to perdition.
Michael Giacchino's The incredibles and Ratatoille are beautiful too.
John Williams is my all times' favorite, pick watever you want.
Also Alan Silvestri and Gustavo Santolalla.

Clint Mansell

Can't believe no one has mentioned Ennio Morricone.

i really like public enemies

mann had an amazing use of music

like the scene in the theater, when dillinger is watching the clark gable movie. the music really informs you, what he gets out of Blackie's words and how they affect him, and confirm his way of life.

I also really dig Vangelis' score for Blade Runner and Anton Karas' score for The Third Man.

Two more of my favorites are the score for The Godfather by Nino Rota and Popol Vuh's score for Aguirre, the Wrath of God.