The Neon Demon (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Amazon is giving The Neon Demon a 3 month long theatrical run before streaming it online.

That's a great deal for Refn. It's more attractive for filmmakers to sign on with Amazon than Netfilx.

MyCocaine wrote:Amazon is giving The Neon Demon a 3 month long theatrical run before streaming it online.

That's a great deal for Refn. It's more attractive for filmmakers to sign on with Amazon than Netfilx.
Netflix gives bigger budgets, though.

‘The Neon Demon’ is ‘Valley of The Dolls’ Meets ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre,’ Says Cliff Martinez
“I think Neon Demon had some similarities to Drive,” he tells Thump, saying “it’s kind of a sparse electronic score.” Noting that the score “is almost all synthesizer,” he adds, “there’s a lot of places where the music is really pushed out more into the spotlight, even more than Drive. I think I got a bigger part in the film, it’s flattering.”

Segueing from the score to the actual film, he says, “We describe the first half as a melodrama like Valley of The Dolls, and the second half is like Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It doesn’t seem to be a traditional horror film to me, but horror is the genre that it’s closest to.” Speaking more about the different tones, he continues, “The first half of the film was kind of romantic so there’s a lot of romantic music. But then there’s some cold-blooded horror stuff too and I think could be really creepy.”
http://thefilmstage.com/news/the-neon-d ... -martinez/

Can't wait to see the first trailer

kinda excited tbh

I want a trailer.

-Vader

I found the script online and just finished reading it. This will be one of the weirdest movies of the year if that was one of the final drafts.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a perfect movie to mention in regards to the second half.