The Neon Demon (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I LOVE Refn. Can't wait for this. Was this the movie he was supposed to make with Carey Mulligan?

Yeah I thought he was doing "I Walk with the Dead" (I think that's what it was called) with an all female cast. I guess he decided to do this first. I'm fine either way really.

Unless it's the same thing? Probably not, but i dont know much about The Mulligan film..

ComptonTerry wrote:Yeah I thought he was doing "I Walk with the Dead" (I think that's what it was called) with an all female cast. I guess he decided to do this first. I'm fine either way really.
This is the same project just re-titled and it seems Mulligan is out (probably because she's doing a Broadway play this spring and has scheduling conflicts or Refn could have changed his mind/the character).

Fuck I wanted Mulligan

Im guessing that's true, because i remember him saying it was a female/horror/sex type of movie. Everything always happens for a reason though. Like Only God Forgives or not, for the fans of the movie, it would have not been as good with Luke Evans in Gosling's place. People have scheduling conflicts, or other conflicts come up, and things work out for the better.

I would've loved to see Refn's horror film on the Elisa Lam, assuming he wanted to do something thoughtful with it and not make it some disrespectful, generic poltergeist film ala "The Shining" or "The Conjuring".
I was hoping it would hint at the fact that she was murdered or it would be some sort of somber meditation on schizophrenia
I'm glad he's working with Fanning. I love her work in Somewhere, Super 8 and even the new "My Neighbor Totoro" Dub, which is my preferred dub.

What baffles me is this movie was supposed to "have lots of sex in it" and Elle Fanning is 16. Script must have changed.

Allstar wrote:What baffles me is this movie was supposed to "have lots of sex in it" and Elle Fanning is 16. Script must have changed.
Or maybe it has lots of sex in it and Elle Fanning is 16.