The Neon Demon (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Refn's potential next, imdb officially listed it as in pre-production
The director announced at the Deauvill Film Festival (via THR) that another Drive cohort, Carey Mulligan, will star in the already financed film.

"I’ve always wanted to make a movie with lots of sex,” he told us at the time. “So I wrote this story called, ‘I Walk With the Dead’ and it takes place in Miami and it's just going to have a lot of sex in it. I have two films that are getting made with French investors and one is ‘Only God Forgives’ and one is ‘I Walk With the Dead.’ ”

While the script is still being written, the project, called I Walk with the Dead, is taking an all-female approach to the horror genre ala Suspiria and Drive star Carey Mulligan is already attached to the project.
Still not sold this will be Refn's next even though I hope it is, I think he might sign on for a more mainstream film to follow up Only God Forgives.

Allstar wrote:Refn's potential next, imdb officially listed it as in pre-production
The director announced at the Deauvill Film Festival (via THR) that another Drive cohort, Carey Mulligan, will star in the already financed film.

"I’ve always wanted to make a movie with lots of sex,” he told us at the time. “So I wrote this story called, ‘I Walk With the Dead’ and it takes place in Miami and it's just going to have a lot of sex in it. I have two films that are getting made with French investors and one is ‘Only God Forgives’ and one is ‘I Walk With the Dead.’ ”

While the script is still being written, the project, called I Walk with the Dead, is taking an all-female approach to the horror genre ala Suspiria and Drive star Carey Mulligan is already attached to the project.
Still not sold this will be Refn's next even though I hope it is, I think he might sign on for a more mainstream film to follow up Only God Forgives.
Interesting. After Drive I'll see anything with Refn's name on it.

meh

I was browsing IMDb and I found this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1974419/. I'm not sure if it is talking about this since there is already an IMDb page for this. Is this another NWR movie for 2014 or is it a mistake.

confirmed:

Nicolas Winding Refn Announces 'I Walk With The Dead' As His Next Film
When we last spoke to Nicolas Winding Refn, last year at Cannes following the premiere of his divisive "Only God Forgives," trying to get any information out of him about his brewing horror film "I Walk With The Dead" was a challenge. And when it was reported last fall that the project was bringing on a screenwriter, we figured it was probably a bit of way off. But now over seven months later, Refn has announced the picture will be his next, and we couldn't be more excited.

As for the plot, no exact details yet, nor is it certain that "Drive" star Carey Mulligan, long said to be attached to the project, is still on board. But the movie will shoot in Los Angeles, though at one time, Refn was considering Tokyo (where he's also plotting whatever "The Avenging Silence" is). Either way, a new Refn film for 2015?
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... m-20140606

Aw. I wanted him to do that other horror film.

11072014 wrote:Aw. I wanted him to do that other horror film.

Relax guys I'm sure he is still doing the other horror film, that likely needs some time to develop the script and stuff and he is doing this small film in the mean time.

Awesome news though, hope Mulligan is still involved.

New Refn film is always good news.

Following his break-out hit Drive and the divisive Only God Forgives, we’ve been waiting to hear when Nicolas Winding Refn would be back for his next feature. Word finally arrived this summer that he’d be returning to Los Angeles with a horror film featuring an all-female cast titled I Walk With the Dead, and now we have more details on the project.
Gaumont and Wild Bunch have revealed they will team to finance and distribute the film, which is now titled The Neon Demon, scripted by Refn and Mary Laws (although, oddly, no mention of original screenwriter Polly Stenham is included in the press release). “One morning I woke and realized I was both surrounded and dominated by women. Strangely, a sudden urge was planted in me to make a horror film about vicious beauty,” Refn says. “After making DRIVE and falling madly in love with the electricity of Los Angeles, I knew I had to return to tell the story of THE NEON DEMON.”
Cliff Martinez will return to score, while frequent collaborator Matthew Newman will edit, and Philippe Le Sourd (The Grandmaster) has come aboard as cinematographer. With production set to begin in the first quarter of 2015, a 2016 release is planned and we can expect the cast to be announced shortly. As we await news of the ensemble, check out the teaser poster below.