Dumb and Dumber To (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DoubleD wrote:This is really happening isn't?
Greatest comedy disaster? I hope not. :(

Last joke was good though.

I just watched the trailer for the first time. Not sure why all the hate? I thought it actually looked pretty funny. Oh well, opinions are like hot women. We all ?????

Not sure if I'm going to watch any clips. One question: Is is funny or no?

Echovoid_52 wrote:Not sure if I'm going to watch any clips. One question: Is is funny or no?
Still not sure... I kiiinda chuckled at some jokes.

These clips are making me laugh. That's good because the trailers didn't really.

Ignore the critics and Rotten Tomatoes score. While this doesn't even come close to being on par with the original, Carry and Daniels are the driving force of this film. They've brought back Lloyd and Harry through every insignificant detail and mannerism. I had a smile on my face the entire film, and multiple occasions where myself and the entire theater busted out it laugher. The biggest complaint I have about the film actually is the way it looks. This was a worry of mine when I first saw the trailer, and while it looked better on the screen then in that first trailer, it still looks... cheap. Like some extended SNL-skit. Another complaint is that a few of the situations went waaaayy over the top where it was borderline absurd. The original was firmly planted in reality. This one breaks down that barrier a few times. But overall I'm glad I saw it. May not be the movie you need to rush out to see, but I had a good time watching it with an audience who was equally enthused. It's just one big nostalgia kick with some very good laughs, even if it doesn't reach the heights of the original movie.

I'll do a full review for Sunday.

Echovoid_52 wrote:The original was firmly planted in reality.
This comes to mind.

The first one is one of the first movies I remember seeing, along with Jurassic Park and a handful of others. I loved it at the time. Then I didn't watch it for like a decade or something and forgot about it, but I finally saw it again a few years ago and was surprised by how much I still liked it. It's been on Cmedy Central a lot lately and I usually watch it (unless there's something I want to so more somewhere else). That said, I have no interest in a sequel and I don't care if it doesn't suck, no way I'm seeing this in a theater. This is to be either torrented on seen OnDemand and that's about it. I don't even think rave reviews would get me to see this in theaters.

m4st4 wrote:
Echovoid_52 wrote:The original was firmly planted in reality.
This comes to mind.
Yeah, I was rewatching bit of the original last night and I should have said with the exception of a few scenes, most notably that one. But yeah, scenes like that...There are quit a few of them that could've been toned down in the sequel.