Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
d4mi4n wrote: Michael Keaton was The Batman back in the days, and yet Bale managed to become the ultimate vision of that character on the big screen.
Well that's Christian Bale.

07202012 wrote:
d4mi4n wrote: Michael Keaton was The Batman back in the days, and yet Bale managed to become the ultimate vision of that character on the big screen.
Well that's Christian Bale.
Yeah not everyone can be CHRISTIAN BALE although I'm sure Cavill will be very good.

lol I had to buy these in Science class the day they went on sale lmao. Told my teacher I was "printing a paper".

Midnight:

Friday night:

I'm sure Cavill will be good but I doubt he'll outdo Christopher Reeve. Reeve perfectly balanced both sides of the character and I don't see the actor when I watch the original films, I see Superman.

Much of this is perplexing to me. He's an actor who, in the past, has been solid. Not really ever amazing, but good. Alternatively, Christian Bale had delivered heaps of iconic and stunning performances, already standing as one of the best working actors in the world. What possible logical base could anyone have in saying the former option is likely to match the second? We simply don't have any rational reason to think so, which leads to me to believe it's blind fanboyism guiding the thought process. I'm sure Cavill will do just great, and I'm also hopeful he'll exceed my expectations, but chill out people.

-Vader

yeah comparing the two is just stupid to me at this point, and disrespectful to how great Bale was. At least see the film first, and not be blinded by hype. Cavill looks good, but he has his work cut out if he wants to achieve that emotional connection we all felt with Bales Batman, and especially Bruve Wayne.

Whenever I see him, I get this feeling... as if he was born to be Superman. Seriously, look at him.

Durden wrote:yeah comparing the two is just stupid to me at this point, and disrespectful to how great Bale was. At least see the film first, and not be blinded by hype. Cavill looks good, but he has his work cut out if he wants to achieve that emotional connection we all felt with Bales Batman, and especially Bruve Wayne.