Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Prepare for rotten territory

aaron wrote:Prepare for rotten territory
Yup, its heading in that direction. A score above 70 is definitely out of the question but whatever I'm still seeing it and I'll probably love the hell out of it.

this is blowing my mind

cooldued wrote:
Yup, its heading in that direction. A score above 70 is definitely out of the question but whatever I'm still seeing it and I'll probably love the hell out of it.
Actually thats still possible....but after friday the flood gates will have to open for good reviews. Maybe all the superman fan critics will see it then :)

Forum Pro
Law
Sandy wrote:
this is blowing my mind
Seriously, it's truly upsetting.. though I'll still see it and love it

Well, it's over
We just need to wait for another reboot
Thank you, Snyder, Goyer and Chris

I don’t mean to make this sound like an Ingmar Bergman film of a soul in torment over God’s silence. The action is plentiful and thumping; Marvel-size thrills await you and the generations of kids who still believe in Superman. I just mean that the movie finds its true, lofty footing not when it displays Kal-El’s extraordinary powers but when it dramatizes Clark Kent’s roiling humanity. The super part of Man of Steel is just O.K.;but the man part is super.
http://entertainment.time.com/2013/06/1 ... human-god/

How is MoS getting a lower score than Iron Man 3? I'm going to be honest and say that Iron Man 3 is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Filled with corny jokes and mediocre action. It's obvious that these critics just like stupid comedy superhero films. Can't wait to see MoS in 24 hours, I'm sure I will love it and I'm sure many of you will also.

I think another thing we have to take into consideration is that Superman Returns came out in a pre-Dark Knight world and explains its 76% rating. After TDK came out, only ONE superhero movie has been in the 90's and thats the Avengers. So IMO if Superman Returns came out this year, it would be in the 40's or 50's territory.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:What is baffling about a Zack Snyder film getting mediocre reviews?